• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fedex question?

8 posts in this topic

I've never seen this before and thought it was weird so i figured id ask you guys.

My comicconnect books from the last auction shipped on Wednesday. It gave an estimated delivery date of April 4th, this Monday. I just happened to check the tracking a few minutes ago and it still says expected delivery of April 4th but at the bottom it says "Arrived at local Fedex facility/ Pompano beach 4:14am" and says in bold "on Fedex vehicle for delivery 4:29am". However, in the comments next to that it says "scheduled for delivery next business day".

Does this mean i'm not getting it today? Why the heck would it be on the truck for delivery this morning but i'm not getting it until Monday? Its just going to sit in the truck all weekend until they deliver it Monday?

i believe that is true. Fedex does hire/use a lot of contractors to do 3 days ground and those books don't go back to the center if not delivered.

for example, if I ship 2 days priority to you but you were't there to sign....you will get a note to pick it up at the center at a certain time or they will redeliver it the next day.

not so with 3 days ground service because the package will not get back to the center.

Luckily i used fedex so often, the ground fedex guy will drop the package at my wife's office 2 blocks away if I am not at home to avoid any delays.

Just weird that its on the truck but they arent going to deliver it I guess we'll see. I had it sent to my business and the business next to me gets Fedex deliveries EVERY day so hopefully maybe when they stop there i will get my package.