• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2011

400 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

We hope you all will join us at Chicago Comic Con 2011. Promises to be an outstanding lineup loaded with top stars and creative teams. And, of course, CGC will be doing on-site grading! A real treat for everyone!

* We have brought together the 100 Bullets (& the June shipping FLASHPOINT: BATMAN - KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE) ENTIRE creative team. I am not sure if, and when, this has ever been done, but includes Brian Azzarello, Dave Johnson and a rare U.S. appearance by Eduardo Risso. All three are EISNER AWARD WINNERS!

* Mike Deodato Jr. is coming in from Brazil. I am told this is his first U.S. appearance in 5 years.

* Patrick Stewart is coming, he can sign your Star Trek: TNG books!

TONS TONS TONS OF CELEBS!

Also, we have a ton of other great comic book guests. This is our largest lineup ever, we'll have over 300 creators. We have more EISNER AWARD NOMINEES & WINNERS in one place at one time than any show ever. A sample list:

* Jimmy Cheung

* Humberto Ramos

* Patrick Gleason

* Will Conrad (rare U.S. Appearance, X-23 & Wolverine artist)

* Paul Jenkins

* Ariel Olivetti

* Bill Sienkiewicz

* Michael Golden

* Mike Grell

* Ethan Van Sciver

* Geof Darrow

* Larry Elmore

* William Stout

* Pia Guerra (Y: The Last Man Co-Creator)

* Don Kramer

* David Mack

* Mike McKone

* Stuart Moore

* Phil Ortiz

* Dan Parent

* Fernando Ruiz

* Greg Horn

* Ben Templesmith

Go here if you need more info:

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-ch.html

Also, we have announced our 2012 & 2013 dates early enough so you can make your plans for the next few years!

CHICAGO COMIC CON 2012 — AUGUST 9-10-11-12, 2012

CHICAGO COMIC CON 2013 — AUGUST 8-9-10-11, 2013

My brother lives in Naperville and he wants to go to this and take my nephew. So, I told him I'd go also and skip Motor City. (Only so much discretionary comic funds. lol )

Is this a good show for back issues? At Motor City, I buy from Dale and Bob Storms. But I always snag some nice BA material from Lange and Derrick Wolfe. Does this show have a mix or does it tend to be just high dollar books?

My brother lives in Naperville and he wants to go to this and take my nephew. So, I told him I'd go also and skip Motor City. (Only so much discretionary comic funds. lol )

Is this a good show for back issues? At Motor City, I buy from Dale and Bob Storms. But I always snag some nice BA material from Lange and Derrick Wolfe. Does this show have a mix or does it tend to be just high dollar books?

The last two years it was excellent for dollar-box books. I pulled in over 200 last year that I think are 9.8 quality. Half have already graded that way. Saturday was a nightmare, though. The crowds were too big for my taste.

Anyone have a comparison of Motor City vs. WW Chicago Saturdays? I'm sure Chicago is busier but by how much?

How early should we get there to get in for Saturday's show in August?

The last two years it was excellent for dollar-box books. I pulled in over 200 last year that I think are 9.8 quality. Half have already graded that way. Saturday was a nightmare, though. The crowds were too big for my taste.

I agree. Saturday last year was a nightmare. The lines at the food vendors were ridiculous. I had to leave the con just to get something to eat. It was hard to even move in there. Sunday was probably half the crowd and no problem. Lots of discounted stuff also.

DR.X

Hey Guys,

We will be able to accommodate more people this year. So, feel free to come on Saturday. Thursday night is a great night for buying, as all the dealers are set up, and most of the autograph guests begin to arrive Friday, although many do show up on Thursday.

We will be able to accommodate more people this year.

How were you able to manage this? Fewer vendors? Moving certain autograph/photo booths off the main floor? Just curious ... :popcorn:

Hey Guys,

We will be able to accommodate more people this year. So, feel free to come on Saturday. Thursday night is a great night for buying, as all the dealers are set up, and most of the autograph guests begin to arrive Friday, although many do show up on Thursday.

Does this mean you'll actually have an entrance that can accommodate more than 2 people at the time this year?

Hey Guys,

We have our ways of opening things up, whether it be the food court area, aisle spaces, or the way we place guests on the floor. The crush was primarily in the main artery from the front to the back and guest aisles. We will fix that.

We also have more space that we are using, and we have moved the panel programming up the escalator to ease congestion.

We are opening up more kiosks and windows early enough. I suspect for the early morning crush we'll wind up letting people in through the two side entrances.