• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2011

400 posts in this topic

Thanks for the information. I registered about a month ago at the Hyatt for about $175 (I didn't know they were going to have a special con rate). Just canceled that reservation and got the $115/night. More money for comics!

I just sent my friend an e-mail asking for more info.

EDIT: Priceline has the Hyatt Regency O'Hare for $120 per night. (With taxes and fees it's $136 per night.) If I find out how my friend got it for $95 I will share that info here.

Any $95 update yet? :popcorn:

just picked up 12 cgc 9.8 file copies of 1966-1973 richie rich and hot stuff comics, that willbe in my booth. trying to bring good stuff to chicago this year, also just bought the entire artwork to zenescope comic about the reanimator movie all 20 pages from artist jason craig.

I just sent my friend an e-mail asking for more info.

EDIT: Priceline has the Hyatt Regency O'Hare for $120 per night. (With taxes and fees it's $136 per night.) If I find out how my friend got it for $95 I will share that info here.

Any $95 update yet? :popcorn:

Well, it turns out that my friend got the $95 rate through Priceline ($83 plus taxes) but he mistakenly got the wrong Hyatt. He got the Hyatt on River Road instead of the Hyatt at the convention center which is on Bryn Mahr. OOPS!

He is in the process of correcting his mistake. :blush:

In the meantime, I received an offer from another friend to room with him at the Hyatt (the CORRECT Hyatt) so I'm going to do that. The $115 rate through Wizard is the best I've found. We're also going to the Cubs game at Wrigley on Wednesday night. :banana:

Anybody bother booking through Hotwire to see which room you get?

I try bidding on Priceline first because it seems that Hotwire has higher "processing fees." roy is the master of Priceline and Hotwire, so plz find us a deal. :foryou:

I'll be there - not sure yet which days/times but definitely in for the Forum Dinner at Gibson's Saturday night and if there's a Greektown dinner, count me in for that too! :banana:

Good to see that you'll be at the con again, Steve :applause:

It's a really big room. The only crowd issues I experienced were right around the big stars' booth at the front of the room.

And that was only on Sat. Fri wasn't too bad and Sun was not an issue

I see that CGC will be doing on-site grading. If I'm there for only one day is it feasable to get my books back same day? If not, what is usually turnaround time at a convention?

Unless things have changed, I don't believe same-day turnaround is possible. If you can drop them off first thing on Thursday, you might see them by late Friday. I'd say Thurs-Fri dropoffs will get them back on Sat-Sun. Saturday dropoffs will depend on what time of day & how many books they've already received. Sunday dropoffs should expect to be mailed back.

I see that CGC will be doing on-site grading. If I'm there for only one day is it feasable to get my books back same day? If not, what is usually turnaround time at a convention?

Unless things have changed, I don't believe same-day turnaround is possible. If you can drop them off first thing on Thursday, you might see them by late Friday. I'd say Thurs-Fri dropoffs will get them back on Sat-Sun. Saturday dropoffs will depend on what time of day & how many books they've already received. Sunday dropoffs should expect to be mailed back.

I concur - getting a same-day turnaround just isn't going to happen.

I submitted first thing Friday and Saturday mornings in Philly and had the books at the end of the day.

I submitted first thing Friday and Saturday mornings in Philly and had the books at the end of the day.

Chicago is a much larger show than Philly :shrug: