• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Anaheim Comic Con 2011 - April 29-30, May 1

92 posts in this topic

Quick update. Sent this e-mail to the Wizard Press and Marketing Manager Jerry Milani last night. I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

Dear Mr Milani,

Out of respect for a brand that helped inspire me to read comics I thought it important to send this note. Here is a link to some promotional work being done by someone claiming to be a Wizard employee on the Collector Society chat boards.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4732042&fpart=1

In the thread "wizstephen" appears argumentative, dismissive and passive aggressive at times. Even Domino's pizza listens to their customers in this day and age. If he is a Wizard employee it is unfortunate that Wizard doesn't take the same open approach to feedback.

Can you confirm whether or not he is a Wizard employee? This will determine whether or not I continue to do business with Wizard in the future.

Thank You,

KK

I actually just got a PM from someone representing the Long Beach show with a coupon code for $5 off. So I just called a babysitter and bought a ticket. In the meantime "Wizstephen" has gone dormant and Wizard marketing has not responded to my e-mail.

Quite a contrast in the customer experience. Maybe Wizard is busy making sure the Power Rangers, Wrestlers and Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are booked and ready to go?

Hey Wizstephen you can count on me to go to Wizard World Anaheim. I went last year and had a blast, because I was able to get sketches from SIMMON BISLEY and GLENN FABRY. Some thing I could never get done at SD comic con. Now you have Frank Jacobs showing up, Im going to have him sign my MAD magazine 166-3.jpg

Thanks im In. I recommend if any one else has a problem with Wizard World Anaheim, show them this and tell them they can get it signed and graded.

I'll be going... for a few hours Friday to drop off about 300 books at the CGC booth then catching the red-eye to Boston for what seems (I'm being polite) the better of the two cons that weekend.

Hello all,

Our dealer list is not "pathetic." There are many vendors who are on the boards here coming to our events every week, and I do not think they'd appreciate those comments. Perhaps the show is not for you, and that's ok. There are hundreds of dealers on the west coast, and we will have a great sampling from many of them. If you miss the show, you're the ones who are missing out. The show was extremely robust, and the dealers who were there last year did extremely well. So, I am not sure you have all the correct information.

:roflmao:

Please everyone who went to this show last year said it was the worst comic book show of the year.

Nuh uh.

That dubious honor belonged to the Rock'n Comics Show in Pasadena...

:sick:

$30 for one day advance ticket with the almost 20% ticketing fee included for Anaheim.

In contrast $36.99 for 3 day advanced ticket at Emerald City Comic Con a few weeks back with only a $1.99 fee... For a much bigger con with a bigger everything... interesting pricing.

hm

$30 for one day, IN ADVANCE?

That's just obscene.

Even the lamest show in the universe, Rock'n Comic Con in Pasadena, didn't charge that much.

Here's a clue, Wizard folks: comic collectors want to come BUY COMICS. Not stare at B-D list celebs, or former playmates, or whatever flavor of the month you may have.

I just want to come and buy comics. For $30, I can see THREE matinees and have lunch afterwards.

You want people to come, get DEALERS with stuff to sell. Enough with the "pop culture" garbage, and enough with the ridiculous ticket prices.

Terry's Con? You know, the one day show that had REAL dealers? $10. And Terry gave away a boatload of tickets.

That's how it's done.

I recommend if any one else has a problem with Wizard World Anaheim, show them this and tell them they can get it signed and graded.

166-3.jpg

I think wizstephen already showed us that finger. It's why many people aren't attending.

Hello all,

Our dealer list is not "pathetic." There are many vendors who are on the boards here coming to our events every week, and I do not think they'd appreciate those comments. Perhaps the show is not for you, and that's ok. There are hundreds of dealers on the west coast, and we will have a great sampling from many of them. If you miss the show, you're the ones who are missing out. The show was extremely robust, and the dealers who were there last year did extremely well. So, I am not sure you have all the correct information.

:roflmao:

Please everyone who went to this show last year said it was the worst comic book show of the year.

Nuh uh.

That dubious honor belonged to the Rock'n Comics Show in Pasadena...

:sick:

Wasn't even close. WizWorld was a disappointment, but the Pasadena show was criminal. (Even after being suckered into taking my neices to a Twilight convention that had six sellers, the Pasadena show stands out as the worst I have ever seen.)

I do find the comment about rejecting anime both ridiculous and hypocritical. First off, the great majority of anime is intended for teen and younger audiences. However, the Wizard convention prides itself on bringing in former Playboy and other models to sign their naked pictures. They also had Suicide Girls and a group of strippers alleged dancers last year that were heavily promoted in advance of the convention. This year will have artists and models from Playboy again, not to mention at least one vendor selling knives and other weapons. I don't mind any of these and I won't be complaining about zombie cheerleaders in fishnets, but the hyperbole is insulting.

I am hopeful that this year's convention will be better than last year's - it would be hard to be much worse. The convention charges about the same as SDCC for a day pass, so when it puts on a show lacking in vendors to cater to a wide range of collectors, it is frustrating. You will get my money again (if my dad were not going, I would not, but it gives us and excuse to hang out), but I don't expect it to take me much more than an hour or two to see the whole shebang, but that would be more time than I spent last year.

I recommend if any one else has a problem with Wizard World Anaheim, show them this and tell them they can get it signed and graded.

166-3.jpg

I think wizstephen already showed us that finger. It's why many people aren't attending.

lol lol

$30 for one day advance ticket with the almost 20% ticketing fee included for Anaheim.

In contrast $36.99 for 3 day advanced ticket at Emerald City Comic Con a few weeks back with only a $1.99 fee... For a much bigger con with a bigger everything... interesting pricing.

hm

$30 for one day, IN ADVANCE?

That's just obscene.

Even the lamest show in the universe, Rock'n Comic Con in Pasadena, didn't charge that much.

Here's a clue, Wizard folks: comic collectors want to come BUY COMICS. Not stare at B-D list celebs, or former playmates, or whatever flavor of the month you may have.

I just want to come and buy comics. For $30, I can see THREE matinees and have lunch afterwards.

You want people to come, get DEALERS with stuff to sell. Enough with the "pop culture" garbage, and enough with the ridiculous ticket prices.

Terry's Con? You know, the one day show that had REAL dealers? $10. And Terry gave away a boatload of tickets.

That's how it's done.

It was o.k. when I attended the WWACC last year, I went on a Friday to check our the Con since I haven't been since they held it years ago in Long Beach. Two long rows of signing booths for the C-list stars. I'm a copper/modern collector so I was able to get some good bulk deals.

It is ridiculous though the admission price for what it is, I went and paid at the door and it was $35! Adding the convention center parking, the total to just get in was around $50! I don't know why they charge so much when it isn't in the same ballpark as SDCC and LBCC a few cities away charges way less.

Quick update. Sent this e-mail to a few more "important" folks on the wizard contact list ( link) about a week ago. Never heard back. Wizard no longer exists to me.

Dear Mr Favorito and Mr Katz,

The e-mail below was sent to Jerry Milani on Monday. As of today there has been no response from he or "wizstephen."

Thought I'd make once last effort to contact someone at Wizard feedback before giving up. As mentioned below I am thankful to the Wizard brand for getting me into comics. My message doesn't come from a place of malice or ill intent, just disappointment in my con experience last year and frustration with the communication (or lack there of) from members of the marketing team.

I assure you all that this will be the last communication that I send.

Sincerely,

KK

Quick update. Sent this e-mail to a few more "important" folks on the wizard contact list ( link) about a week ago. Never heard back. Wizard no longer exists to me.

Dear Mr Favorito and Mr Katz,

The e-mail below was sent to Jerry Milani on Monday. As of today there has been no response from he or "wizstephen."

Thought I'd make once last effort to contact someone at Wizard feedback before giving up. As mentioned below I am thankful to the Wizard brand for getting me into comics. My message doesn't come from a place of malice or ill intent, just disappointment in my con experience last year and frustration with the communication (or lack there of) from members of the marketing team.

I assure you all that this will be the last communication that I send.

Sincerely,

KK

lol

You will not be getting a response back due to wizstephen is the brother of Gareb Shamus the owner of Wizard