• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

245 posts in this topic

Birds of Prey 8

And we are back in the land of NM goodness

So clearly a more expensive modern...what is the deal with this book? I honestly have no idea why it is going for the big bucks, but let's see if I can cash in on my ignorance :cloud9:

Asking 333% guide goodness at $50 :eek:

Well I'm sure you are aware that the "official" reason it's a $$$ modern is because Barbara kisses (just imagine what it would be worth if that D wasnt capitalized!)!! Just another example of mindless hype driving a book way higher than it should be. Of course that didnt stop me from buying one out of Chris Foss' $10 box!!

Yeah, I actually thought there had to be something else about the book besides the kiss that I just did not know (like some hot artist's first work on an interior page) Oh well, will just be happy at my good fortune of finding one, and glad to hear you found one on the cheap as well (thumbs u

GI Joes?

Afraid not :sorry: The joes I keep for myself...found a few higher number issues at the LCS I bought a bunch of stuff at, but no duplicates to post unfortunately :cry:

You are dead to me......

:jokealert:

GI Joes?

Afraid not :sorry: The joes I keep for myself...found a few higher number issues at the LCS I bought a bunch of stuff at, but no duplicates to post unfortunately :cry:

You are dead to me......

I took a flyer on a GI Joe lot in the last Clink auction...some will definitely be dupes (within the first 21 issues I believe). Drop me a line in a week or two and hopefully I will have them :foryou:

GI Joes?

You are dead to me......

I took a flyer on a GI Joe lot in the last Clink auction...some will definitely be dupes (within the first 21 issues I believe). Drop me a line in a week or two and hopefully I will have them :foryou:

GI Joe was what got me started collecting (the early teen issues), so I need to replace those, they are pretty beat up.

GI Joes?

You are dead to me......

GI Joe was what got me started collecting (the early teen issues), so I need to replace those, they are pretty beat up.

Me too :luhv: Issue 3 was my first, and never looked back...started collecting joes and the file cards from the back of the figures...hole punched them all and carried them around in a binder at all times :doh:

It seems like alot of us in my age range (38) started with Joes. I read comics prior to this but really started collecting/building runs with Joe. I dont remember exactly which number I started picking up at Shelton's Heroes in Greenville but I vivdly remember my dad buying me all the issues I was missing (like teens and before) for Christmas one year.

Green Lantern 72

CGC 8.5 OW pages

A retread from sales threads past...

Phantom of the Space Opera...Adams really did save this book from the hell of arch-enemies scooting about in their space rascals :frustrated:

Asking $35

gl72.jpg

:takeit:

Heath's thread needs some man love hm

00b16098.png

It seems like alot of us in my age range (38) started with Joes. I read comics prior to this but really started collecting/building runs with Joe. I dont remember exactly which number I started picking up at Shelton's Heroes in Greenville but I vivdly remember my dad buying me all the issues I was missing (like teens and before) for Christmas one year.

Definitely seems to be the case...perfect storm of pop culture goodness with cross-promotion in the eighties! Never had my father buy me the whole run, but he traveled a good bit for work in the mid-eighties...always came home with a GI Joe Multipack, a figure, or a transformer if it was an especially long trip...good memories meeting him at the airport after a few days away :cloud9:

My second comic was a joe. First was a transformers :sumo:

Nothing wrong with the Silver Medal instead of the Gold :baiting:

:kidaround: Transformers was actually my second title, and first exposure to superheroes...believe Spidey made a cover appearance in issue 3 :)

Green Lantern 72

CGC 8.5 OW pages

A retread from sales threads past...

Phantom of the Space Opera...Adams really did save this book from the hell of arch-enemies scooting about in their space rascals :frustrated:

Asking $35

gl72.jpg

:takeit:

Heath's thread needs some man love hm

00b16098.png

Woo Hoo!!! Thanks for breaking the ice my friend (thumbs u

:gossip: Only nine months and counting until the New Year's Gift Exchange :ohnoez:

Pre-listing Sales Thread Recap :whee:

First sale on the books thanks to the infinite coolness of Mike :whee:

Need to take and upload a couple of pics for Fantastic Four books, and will then list another group of items...look for drekky goodness to resume about nine CST

ChuckNorrisFaceKick.png

PAGE 1

Green Lantern 72

CGC 8.5 OW pages

:ohnoez: Sold to Mikenyc88

Green Lantern 85

CGC 9.4 OWW pages

$275

PAGE 2

Green Lantern lot of 9, 19, 20

Near Mintish

$25

ASM 37

Round about G/VG

$20

PAGE 3

Our Fighting Forces 5

CGC 5.0 CROW pages

$65

Superman 128

CGC 4.5 CROW pages

***This arrived in a slab with multiple cracks...tossed the shell and it remains within the inner well...no damage to the book as near as I can tell, but definitely not fully slabbed***

$50

PAGE 4

Futurama 1

NMish land

$25

Playboy August 1956 (v3n8)

Looks like a VG/F to me

$15

Amazing Spiderman 91

Looks like another VG/F to me

$12

Birds of Prey 8

$50

Birds of Prey 1

And more NM goodness

$10

Vampirella 1

Lean towards VG+

$130

PAGE 5

Jumbo Comics 144

CGC 4.0

$35

Playboy October 1956 (v3n10)

This one resides in the country of Fine

$20

Thor 126

This one looks to be around VG to me

$50

PAGE 6

One last book to wrap up things for the night...but no worries, more comics tommorrow!

Young Allies Comics 20

CGC 4.0 CROW Pages

Asking $160

FREEBIES

$5 credit----> Furystorm

ASM 65-----> Furystorm

Birds of Prey 8

So clearly a more expensive modern...what is the deal with this book? I honestly have no idea why it is going for the big bucks, but let's see if I can cash in on my ignorance :cloud9:

Well I'm sure you are aware that the "official" reason it's a $$$ modern is because Barbara kisses (just imagine what it would be worth if that D wasnt capitalized!)!! Just another example of mindless hype driving a book way higher than it should be. Of course that didnt stop me from buying one out of Chris Foss' $10 box!!

Yeah, I actually thought there had to be something else about the book besides the kiss that I just did not know (like some hot artist's first work on an interior page) Oh well, will just be happy at my good fortune of finding one, and glad to hear you found one on the cheap as well (thumbs u

I have to admit, I like the fact that this book has held up value for just it's plot. It isn't reliant upon the artist, ratio, or variant. Just the fact that it is the culmination of a long plot thread.

Oh and Mike, I am sure I can find a DD to toss in with the order as your freebie if you are still working on that run (seriously someone must have slipped you something) hm Is it a coincidence that Daredevil is known as DD, and D appears in MDMA?

I THINK NOT!!! :sumo:

Birds of Prey 8

I have to admit, I like the fact that this book has held up value for just it's plot. It isn't reliant upon the artist, ratio, or variant. Just the fact that it is the culmination of a long plot thread.

It is kind of refreshing put into that context...picked up a Brave and the Bold 33 and seems to have gained some value for the same reason. Definitely a good read. Will have to throw that up tonight as well :juggle: