• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St. Louis April 23rd.

8 posts in this topic

It's a small show, but worth it for a couple of reasons.

There's a board member who sets up there, who brings a large selection of Silver Age books with decent prices, and who is actually negotiable, customer friendly and good to deal with.

I don't know him from these boards, only from the show, so I'll have to find his business card and post it here tomorrow.

Lots of local dealers with grumpy personalities and high priced books, but one of the best dealers I've ever dealt with Dave Schmidt (Main Street Music), out of a small Illinois town always sets up there and he is worth going by and seeing.

Everything from Golden Age to Pulps to Undergrounds to Magazines to portfolios. Reasonably priced, friendly, and worth the time.

Some of the grumpy local guys have some GREAT books, but their grading is suspect IMHO (one won't even TALK grade), and their attitudes are a drag.

Some worthwhile small dealers set up there also and they will wheel and deal. Some real gems can be found.

On top of that, lots of toys, lots of $5 trades, lots of cheap reading drek.

I say it's very much worth it.

Thinking of going to the a Cardinals game on Friday the 22nd. Noticed there is a small convention on the 23rd in St Louis.

Has anybody had any experience with this con? Is it worth the time?

Leroy Harper shows up at most of the shows. I always seem to pick up some oddball 1950's stuff from him. You would have to check with him if he will be set up.

And Dave S. is a nice guy and usually has a mix of stuff at fair prices.

Thinking of going to the a Cardinals game on Friday the 22nd. Noticed there is a small convention on the 23rd in St Louis.

Has anybody had any experience with this con? Is it worth the time?

I will be attending and I will also be at the Cards game on Friday night.

Recently picked up several collections of mid 60's-early 90's comics (31 long boxes)

All new for this show will be 17 long boxes of 50 cent comics and 8 long boxes of $1 comics. Depending on how much of the better stuff I get priced between now and Friday will determine how much of it I will bring.

Almost forgot, I also picked up about 200 mid 50's comics with some odd ball titles .

If you go to the game Friday night send me a PM and I'll buy you a beverage of your choice.

Gary (ecfanman) hope to see you at the show.

Leroy

Thanks! Maybe I'll see you there.

Where is it located at anyway?

From 70, go South on 270; or from 64/40 go North on 270

Take 270 to Page (East). Once you turn onto Page, you're about 2 minutes away.

Make the first right off of Page onto Schuetz Road, (you'll see Hooters off to the left). Make the first right onto Lackland.

Make a right on Craig Rd.

Make the first left into Westport Plaza.

I'm not sure if they'll be in their old location (Around the back) or in the location they were at last time due to remodeling (A Parking lot over in the next building as you turn in)

Hope this helps!

Chuck

Leroy told me last week someone had started another discussion on here about the con. We will be at the normal hotel- the one we were at last time was as mentioned above due to the regular hotel being remodeled.