• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just got a scanner, rate my Mystic 52

16 posts in this topic

Assuming no spine splits or other unseen problems - An easy 4.0 - maybe a 4.5. Nice post-code Everett cover by the way! I love how Atlas managed to produce a fair amount of spooky covers even after the code came in.

4.0 to 4.5 based on front cover and assuming a back cover and interior consistent with that grade (meaning similar wear and no unusual defects). The scan's a little on the dark side though, so it's hard to see all the wear. But it looks to be a solid VG to VG+. I'd point to a specific page of the OGG to show a comic with identical wear patterns, but I don't want to give my "nemesis" (uclapeterg) the pleasure at this early hour. wink.gifinsane.gif

I was thinking 4.5 too. I haven't really looked inside, but there's nothing on the back cover.

I'll have to work on the brightness, maybe I should read the owner's manual.

Thanks to all who participated.

It looks like they used a photostat of the Mystic cover and pasted new art on top of it....

Jim

Check out the cover swipe thread. Sometimes a swipe is a swipe, sometimes it's a homage, and sometimes the cover artist misses a deadline and they use a photostat. smile.gif

It looks to me like a stylistic update for marketing reasons more than an homage or laziness. It is definitely a photostat paste-up; even inconsequequential lines and blotches are reproduced identically.

I am also a lousy judge of grades, but I'm really impressed with how sharp the colours remain on that issue of Mystic Tales.