• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed

112 posts in this topic

As I stated I am not a grader. I agreed to refund the book plus return shipping. I will be scanning full scans of the front and back of all my books in the future to prevent any misunderstanding.

Steven

Did your wife grade the books? She seemed to do everything else, poor bint.

All these books were purchased by me when they first came out (with the exception of Puppetoons-1945), read only once and then placed in protective bags and boards.

This does give the impression that the books were treated with considerable care and with minimal handling, resulting in high grades.

As I stated I am not a grader.

I know we don't know each other from Adam, but let me give you a little friendly advice. The phrase, "I am not a grader" may float on eBay, but you will sink like a stone if you try that shtick on here. The majority of folks here aren't novice collectors and expect a somewhat professional level of grading.

As I stated I am not a grader.

I know we don't know each other from Adam, but let me give you a little friendly advice. The phrase, "I am not a grader" may float on eBay, but you will sink like a stone if you try that shtick on here. The majority of folks here aren't novice collectors and expect a somewhat professional level of grading.

Or at least the willingness to learn and take responsibility for your grading. Having a 100% return policy is a step in the right direction, but I would encourage you to read the grading definitions in the overstreet price guide and start practicing (thumbs u

Seems like he disappeared? We were talking about a refund then poof gone? Looks like I have to make a paypal dispute (shrug)

Hope this isn't the case, makes it only harder on us newer sellers. Best of luck with this, hate to see anyone having to deal with it.

I just suggest that people take a little more time to look at scans and ask alot of questions from guys who are new to the forum that no one knows.

Honestly, I was watching when he opened the thread, and you can tell from the scans that none of the books match the grades. Going one by one....

Werewolf By Night #1 NM- or better $240 SOLD

This book (aside from having a horrible miswrap) has 4 rounded corners, all kind of edge creasing on bottom, a light color breaking crease at bottom right, and edge wear at middle of the top edge.

Captain America #105 NM- $85.00 SOLD

This book has a color breaking edge crease from top of spine all along the top edge of the book, 2 long stress lines above top staple, lots of stress on the staples (would not be surprised if the staples had been re-enforced with glue or tape), and a small color breaking crease at middle bottom edge.

Creatures on the Loose #16 NM/MT $22.00 SOLD

This book looks nothing like a 9.8.

Fantastic 4 #123 $65 NM- or better SOLD

Dinged bottom of spine, one stress line middle of the spine, can't tell whats going on with top of spine, looks really tanned.

Fantastic 4 #111 $80 NM SOLD

Book has 7 color breaking stress lines, a corner crease at bottom right and maybe a color breaking crease at bottom middle.

Iron Man #1 $800 NM- SOLD

Crease at top of spine, corner crease bottom right, 9 color breaking spine stresses.

Captain America #100 $600 NM- or better SOLD

Corner crease bottom right corner, edge crease bottom edge, wear along top edge, especially at top right corner, appears to be a finger print smudge beneath Iron Man's left foot, and you can see wear along the spine.

Swamp Thing #1 $325 NM- SOLD

Top of spine is dinged, several spine stresses, corner wear.

Puppetoons (1945) $265 VF SELLING FOR $250

Looks like a 6.5 to me.

I can see all of that from his terrible pictures. Got to believe there is more that you can't see, and that is not even talking about the back covers.

Take a lesson from this. If it is not someone you know and you know they will take returns and that they know how to grade, and unless the scans don't leave any doubt at all, be very wary.

Hope everything works out for whoever got burned.