• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some affordable early GA SUPERMAN issues - PRICES REDUCED!

20 posts in this topic

Just picked up some early GA Supermans from an old time collector who owned them for the past 40 years. These are nice, solid, supple copies that present well, but have some unusual defects that bring the technical grades down. But hey, that makes them affordable!

Prices have been reduced!

Rules

:takeit: wins it and trumps PM offers.

Payment

Paypal preferred, check or money order is ok too

Shipping

Shipping is $10 anywhere in the US and Canada. Other countries will be the exact cost.

Guarantee

I want you to be happy with your purchase, so I offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

Thanks!

Todd

Superman #6

Grade: G+ 2.5

Not sure why Superman is giving away his secret identity here by signing "Clark Kent", but this cover is one of the classic iconic Superman images of the Golden Age. Ad for All-Star Comics #1 and Batman #2. Good colors, some gloss still on the cover, slight spine roll, mouse chew upper left corner, off-white pages, complete.

Price: $550 now $520

Superman6.jpg

Superman6bc.jpg

Superman #8

Grade: VG 4.0

Unusual orange golden age cover. Ad for All-Star Comics #3. Complete, off-white pages, slight spine roll, some tape on interior of spine, small stain on the belt area of the man slumped over the woodpile.

Price: $750 now $700

Superman8.jpg

Superman8bc.jpg

Superman #9

Grade: Technical G/VG 3.0, or Qualified F/VF 7.0

Another iconic yellow Superman cover! Has an ad for All-Star #4. This copy has amazing preservation because it was once bound in a book or a two-ring binder. Pages are White, cover is bright and glossy. Unlike many bound books, this one has no glue or paper loss on the spine, and has not been trimmed. I guess it's more likely that it was put in a two-ring binder than bound in a book. Tough to grade, so I gave it both a technical and qualified grade.

Price: $550 now $520

Superman9-1.jpg

Superman9bc.jpg

Superman #10

Grade: Technical G/VG 3.0, or Qualified VG/F 5.0

Just like the #9 above, this one has two binder holes near the spine. This copy is very well-reserved, with bright colors and a lot of gloss on the cover, and the pages are White. Small split at bottom of spine has been taped on the interior. No glue and no trimming. Tough to grade, so I gave it both a technical and qualified grade.

Price: $450 now $420

Superman10.jpg

Superman10bc.jpg

Superman #6

Grade: G+ 2.5

Not sure why Superman is giving away his secret identity here by signing "Clark Kent", but this cover is one of the classic iconic Superman images of the Golden Age. Ad for All-Star Comics #1 and Batman #2. Good colors, some gloss still on the cover, slight spine roll, mouse chew upper left corner, off-white pages, complete.

Price: $550

Superman6.jpg

Superman6bc.jpg

Very nice!

(thumbs u