• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 11 - Is JRjr the new Rob Leifeld?

40 posts in this topic

Just read this book. I don't think JR JR is the only one phoning it in. Does Bendis read other marvel books besides what he writes? Or does other writers continuity not matter?

I hope that's a big red herring at the end of the book. Abnet and Lanning are writting great stuff and I'd hate to see it ignored...

Yeah I'm kind of like wtf happened with Thanos being back in this reality and alive myself????

I mean seriously, if that's the case, then I want my flarking Nova regular monthly series back with Darkhawk team-ups included.

I'm still pissed about Nova. That was my favorite (and one of only two) Marvel monthlies on my pull list. Now I'm down to 1.

:mad:

I mean seriously, if that's the case, then I want my flarking Nova regular monthly series back with Darkhawk team-ups included.

I'm still pissed about Nova. That was my favorite (and one of only two) Marvel monthlies on my pull list. Now I'm down to 1.

I'm picking up The Annihilators but haven't started reading it yet.

You know, I saw that briefly in my LCS today but didn't even pick it up. Holler after you've read it and let me know if it's any good or not. They had a stack of them, so I'll likely still be able to pick one up.

agreed & lets not forget guardians of the galaxy .... ANN is fun but its no GOTG! .... at least not yet anyways ...

I'm still pissed about Nova. That was my favorite (

+111

You know, I saw that briefly in my LCS today but didn't even pick it up. Holler after you've read it and let me know if it's any good or not. They had a stack of them, so I'll likely still be able to pick one up.

Its fun but its starting off kind of slow I'd grab the trade or HC & read through it for sure though worth it for the rocket & groot mini series at the end if anything haha!

Please show some other examples of JRJR's recent poor work. He's one of my favorites, but I've stopped following moderns, so I'm out of the loop.

Thanks!

buy anything he has drawn in last 5 years to start and then work your way backwards. Hell do a search of his covers on comics.org..

While his art has really slide in recent years he does know how to extract some of the best action scenes and will make the occasional splash page or large panel look fierce [World War Hulk has some beauties], he can tell a story. Besides its not easy to have to work around Bendarse's multiple word bubbles of two word dialogue between various Avengers teammates. :sick:

While his art has really slide in recent years he does know how to extract some of the best action scenes and will make the occasional splash page or large panel look fierce [World War Hulk has some beauties], he can tell a story. Besides its not easy to have to work around Bendarse's multiple word bubbles of two word dialogue between various Avengers teammates. :sick:

I want some of what you're smoking

Just picked up the last few issues of the new Avengers series. I loved the Infinity Gauntlet series from back in the day so thought I'd give this a go.

Dear sweet jeebus - this must be the ugliest book ever drawn. :sick:

Since when did Wilson Fisk become The Watcher???

avengers_11_p03.jpg

Having finally gotten around to reading this I have to agree in the utter awfulness of the art.