• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nonplayer #1 by Image

153 posts in this topic

Hi Stormsurge!

There are two answers to the question.

Short answer: I don't know, but probably quite a while.

Long answer: It depends on a couple of things. If things proceed as they have, this book continues to be a thing that only gets drawn from 4-6 am before work, and therefore takes years between issues. That is not a course that I relish, since I am starting to really feel the effects of prolonged sleep deprivation (I've been doing this morning thing for multiple years now).

I am currently in the early stages of putting together a second title, which I will be writing and others will be drawing (I may do covers and/or color for the odd issue). This will be a monthly book. Provided it meets with any sort of success, it may be enough to emancipate me from my day job. In that case, I would write for a day or two and draw Nonplayer for three or four whole days a week. That would accelerate the process dramatically.

So we'll see. I'll announce that book here once it's solicited. From there, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope!

Thanks for the info Nate. Loved #2 :)

I know everyone hates when books take forever to come out, but what people hate even more is a lack of communication and silence.

Just letting your fans know whats going on goes a long way to help set expectations and curb any negative feelings later on when people feel a creative team aren't putting out a book out on time.