• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nonplayer #1 by Image

153 posts in this topic

Thanks for hanging in there, guys. Working on the last page this morning. Can't believe I'm going to get to finally show what I've been working on all this time.

There's no way it won't be anticlimactic, but it'll still be a huge relief to move on to #3.

Much obliged for your continued interest!

Here's the latest from Nate's site from Oct 2, 2014 :

"So, you are maybe wondering (or maybe not wondering) where things stand with Nonplayer right now. Shockingly, the second issue is not yet complete. I have continued to wake up between the hours of 3 and 4 in the morning to place art-pebbles on the pile, and that pile is now looking very much like a complete book. There is some polish yet to do, but I'm far enough along that an untrained, partially-blind observer might think it was done.

It has seemed at times like my toddler is not a fan of this book, because the closer I get to finishing it, the more he plays Old Harry with my scant sleep allotment. Drawing your dream comic is a wonderful gift, but it turns out that drawing your dream comic on zero sleep is kind of burdensome. That said, I have decided not to give myself too much leeway in this matter, as I fear that a prolonged recess may result in the extinguishment of my creative pilot light.

But it's almost done, so that's good. A couple more months, maybe? See, that wasn't so bad. It only took eight thousand years. Who's ready for #3?"

Hi guys,

We made it.

Nonplayer #1 is being reprinted with new pinups in April, and Nonplayer #2 is due out in June. I will be promoting the book at HeroesCon in June, as well. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you east-coasters there.

I break down a few of the reasons for the interminable delay, most of which have already been discussed here, at my blog. There's also a sneak peek at the cover for #2.

If you or anyone you know is a comics retailer or reviewer, feel free to contact me at nonplayercomic@gmail.com. There's a free poster and a PDF review copy of Nonplayer #2 for relevant parties.

Thanks for sticking with me, guys, and I'm happy to answer any questions you have here.

Cheers,

Nate

i missed this first time round but had a look and read what you guys have been saying in the past and it peeked my interest found a cheap first print on the Bay so will give it a read and if i like it i'll get a order in for 2

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!

I've been contacting retailers for the last two days to get the word out, and the response has been bizarrely, overwhelmingly positive despite the delay. It's mostly been folks who have that one customer who comes around every couple of months asking about Nonplayer, and they're just relieved they can finally say something other than "beats me."

That said, my biggest concern right now is that retailers won't remember to order until after the book is out, at which point we end up with a supply shortage just like we did the first time around (which, come to think of it, is probably exactly what you guys want to happen).

If you know of any retailers who want to cash in on the free poster and PDF, please feel free to forward my contact info to them: nonplayercomic@gmail.com.

Thanks again for your support, guys.

Cheers,

Nate