• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Waid & Alex Ross Signature circa 1996 (what is this????)

17 posts in this topic

hey folks,

A friend of mine gave me this book today. He said he had it signed by Mark Waid & Alex Ross @ Wizard World Chicago 1996 or 1997. He also said he happened to tick off Alex Ross by not recognizing him. Can someone tell me what he signed? it doenst look like his signature, and he might have been a little mad when he did it.

thanks

-Mike

0103.jpg

Pre-internet?! I remember sitting there with my comadore 64.. trying to connect to the 'E-Mall' with a 5" floppy . Did not reaize the modem neded to be hooked up to the phone.

And early 1990's... 14.5kbps... omg took 5 mins per pic to load...

Got a 56kbps... was like W.O.W.!

hey folks,

A friend of mine gave me this book today. He said he had it signed by Mark Waid & Alex Ross @ Wizard World Chicago 1996 or 1997. He also said he happened to tick off Alex Ross by not recognizing him. Can someone tell me what he signed? it doenst look like his signature, and he might have been a little mad when he did it.

thanks

-Mike

0103.jpg

That's not an Alex Ross signature - it looks like it was signed by Mark Waid and DC editor Dan Raspler.

does anyone one else have a Dan Raspler sig to compare. My bud that gave this to me said that it was Alex Ross, as they had tables next to each other (i dont see why the dc editor would have a table).

Dan Raspler was the editor on this particular book, so it's not completely out of the question that he would be sitting with Mark Waid. A quick google search pulled up this image:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=185522&GSub=68966

No matter what, there's zero chance it's an Alex Ross sig.