• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CROW now has a Director

28 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/07/the-crow-is-coming-back-with-director-juan-carlos-fresnadillo/

Executive producer Tucker Tooley says:

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is an incredibly talented and imaginative filmmaker. We are thrilled to have him at the helm… onwhat we all believe will be a compelling and innovative reimagining of The Crow.

:eek:

I like them sometimes. I loved the new Dawn Of The Dead and liked the new Freddy and Jason movies well enough. Sometimes it seems unnecessary though. Is a 90's movie too old for some people? Makes me feel old.

I'm sick of these remakes too.

Sure some of them are OK because you're starting with something good already and anyone throwing a dart is bound to hit around the bullseye a few times.

I hear they are remaking Top Gun? WT...

These kids need to get out of their parent's basement full of DVDs and start filming their own adventures. :preach:

The Crow is not even an original story or unique in any way. A man comes back from the dead to get revenge... wow, geez, amazing... yawn...

All these remakes and presold franchises are getting out of hand.

All these remakes are becoming irritating.

Disagree....awesome

This will happen every few decades until Armageddon

Yep.

You have to look at it this way -- this kind of thing serves the same purpose that comic reboots do.

Pretty much no matter what, most people of younger generations will not watch older movies or read older comics (obviously, many of us here were exceptions to that one, but you get the point). This is the way classic stuff is kept alive. The stories filter down from generation to generation, with each one putting its own spin on it. It's stories around the campfire at a larger scale.

I guess that's a pretty valid point, but then we get garbage like this:

Meatballs Remake

"potentially to be directed by John Whitesell, he who gave us Big Momma’s House 2 and Deck The Halls."

So in other words it's going to suck? Here are some other movies that are supposed to get a remake:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/166239/55_movie_remakes_currently_in_the_works.html

I guess that's a pretty valid point, but then we get garbage like this:

Meatballs Remake

"potentially to be directed by John Whitesell, he who gave us Big Momma’s House 2 and Deck The Halls."

So in other words it's going to suck? Here are some other movies that are supposed to get a remake:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/166239/55_movie_remakes_currently_in_the_works.html

Published on Dec 11, 2008

:golfclap:

Remakes and the like are only being done so frequently over the past few years because studios are deathly afraid of sinking money into anything that doesn't have a built in fan base. The skyrocketing costs of making movies, coupled with the economy, has killed original ideas.

True Grit remake would never been made if it wasn't the Cohen brothers pet project.