• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The CROW now has a Director

28 posts in this topic

The Crow is not even an original story or unique in any way. A man comes back from the dead to get revenge... wow, geez, amazing... yawn...

All these remakes and presold franchises are getting out of hand.

I agree The Crow wasn't a very original concept, but it depends how it was executed too. I felt the writing, acting, direction, set design, mythology and now "legend" of The Crow made it surpass such weaker "men looking for revenge flicks" such as Johnny Handsome and kind of break new ground in the genre. Do you say the original "Speed" is just "Die Hard on bus" and another unworthy clone, no matter how much of a refreshing shot in the action movie's arm it was. Same with "The Matrix" and the cyber-punk Keanu movie that came before it "Johnny Mnemonic". Probably not. It doesn't happen alot, but I welcome the very occasional good remake/reboot or whatever, with a new vision for something old, in turn making it something new.

The Crow is not even an original story or unique in any way. A man comes back from the dead to get revenge... wow, geez, amazing... yawn...

All these remakes and presold franchises are getting out of hand.

I agree The Crow wasn't a very original concept, but it depends how it was executed too. I felt the writing, acting, direction, set design, mythology and now "legend" of The Crow made it surpass such weaker "men looking for revenge flicks" such as Johnny Handsome and kind of break new ground in the genre. Do you say the original "Speed" is just "Die Hard on bus" and another unworthy clone, no matter how much of a refreshing shot in the action movie's arm it was. Same with "The Matrix" and the cyber-punk Keanu movie that came before it "Johnny Mnemonic". Probably not. It doesn't happen alot, but I welcome the very occasional good remake/reboot or whatever, with a new vision for something old, in turn making it something new.

Couldn't have said it better!

:applause:

They're also remaking Red Dawn and The Warriors. All they need to do is remake Ice Pirates and they will have remade the 'movies I watch when I'm really drunk trilogy'.

They will NEVER be able to duplicate:

I forgot how to post YOutube clips here doh!

They're also remaking Red Dawn and The Warriors. All they need to do is remake Ice Pirates and they will have remade the 'movies I watch when I'm really drunk trilogy'.

Nor should they try!!!! :preach:

When he was young he wanted to play, when he got older, he exhorted us all to fire it up. And the thread has come full circle:

I, too, can't post youtube clips.

Nor should they try!!!! :preach:

When he was young he wanted to play, when he got older, he exhorted us all to fire it up. And the thread has come full circle:

I, too, can't post youtube clips.

He plays a Sleaze Bag like none other. That's what we should do...make a fan page for this guy.