• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catrick's Deep Discount Sales Thread! Now with DEEPER DISCOUNTS!

463 posts in this topic

Superman 107

All right, so at first glance it looks pretty good, but the entire RH edge of the book has been damp, light water stain goes about 2 to 3 inches in from the edge. Nice and ddry now, but there's light foxing FC and BC. Stain is VERY light on the interior, still perfectly flat and readable.

O'street G is $48, take this decent reader for $15 SOLD!

superman107.jpg

That Blackhawk is already tempting :frustrated: Between Bill and you, I AM in trouble.

(Cackles like a maniac, rubs hands together like Shylock)

Superman 108

Sun faded FC, bit of spine roll, dime sized pc out upper RH BC. Solid reader.

$20 SOLD!

superman108.jpg

Howdy Howdy!

Time to thin the herd, I've decided to start collecting GA Subbys and I need to make room and build a war chest.

I'll be tossing out a VERY mixed grill of GA, 50's, Silver, and Bronze along with such oddballs as Barbie sewing patterns, bags of marbles from the 50's, a few pulps, vintage Disney, etc etc.

Starting out with some Golden Age hero stuff, moving onto Dell/Gold Key, Charlton, DC including some very early war books, Marvel Bronze, plus a few items that don't really fit any category.

:takeit:

Rules the roost, but PM's are always welcome.

Shipping for individual books or a few is $6 Priority to US and general mail service to Canada. If you need something sent overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

Larger lots will be sent in Priority medium flat rate boxes to US (about $11 if memory serves) and exact shipping to Canada

I'm calling check or MO only, or well concealed cash at sender's risk.

NO PayPal if humanly possible. I just don't like PayPal and see no reason why any of us should give them a cut when stamps are cheap. If you absolutely can't pay any other way PM me and we'll work something out...I guess...if I have to, lol

I'll start listing things around 7:30 PM tonight.

Do you have any GA Subbies for sale?

Cackles and ducks his head and wears lemons as earings....

Jimmy Olsen 15

Basic middle of the road reader copy. Spine roll, wear along RH edge, 2" tear and small corner off BC, and small corners off several interior pages. Nothing that touches the art. First SA issue.

O'street is $27 in G, take it for ten bucks. SOLD!

jimmyolsen15.jp.jpg

Jimmy Olsen 15

Basic middle of the road reader copy. Spine roll, wear along RH edge, 2" tear and small corner off BC, and small corners off several interior pages. Nothing that touches the art. First SA issue.

O'street is $27 in G, take it for ten bucks.

jimmyolsen15.jp.jpg

I'll take this and the four Superman :takeit:

So.

No love for the Fawcetts or Supeys tonight, eh?

Okay, let's mix things up a little.

Archie Comics 19

Bit of spine roll, pretty heavy dust shadows along LH and upper FC, and something that stops just short of being Marvel-style chipping along lower FC and BC.

All that being said I'm going to still call it a decent G, mebbe a hair better. .

O'street G is $107, asking $65 for this issue SOLD!

archie19.jpg

Timing is everything, lol

I LOVE being proved wrong!

Supey 97, 107, 108, 109, and Jimmy Olsen 15 are SOLD!

Thanks, Captain!

Rick's stocking up for the Raleigh Holiday Inn show on Sunday.

Can't make it...........hope all you local boardies find a few good things at the show :wishluck:

Earl is coming ...........he hasn't been to Raleigh in quite a while

Archie Comics 28

Well, the silverfish have been at the edges a bit, small cover chew lower spine, small chew upper FC, and a 1 x 2 chewed area upper LH FC. Cover only affected, and the BC chew doesn't quite touch the ads either inside or outside. 2" tear upper BC also. Interior is nice, cover and CF solidly attached. G minus, mebbe?

O'street in G is $65, asking $25 for this solid reader SOLD!

archie28.jpg

Archie Comics 39

Solid reader, with tape along interior of spine, a few tears, general wear, and name penciled on FC...not once, not twice, but THREE times, lol

O'street is $41 in G, asking $20 SOLD!

archie39.jpg

Archie's Joke Book 15

At first glance this issue looks pretty good, flat enough, with good gloss and deep colors, but there's a rub on Archie's 'stache in the last panel FC, penciled name center of logo, general wear along spine, small hole punched through cover by Jughead FC, couple chips BC, etc etc.

Last precode issue.

Solid G, and a pretty one, not a lick better.

O'street G is $24, asking $12 SOLD!

archiejokebook1.jpg

Everything's Archie 3

Very pretty book, square and glossy, but there's a 1" split along spine, lower BC. That's basically all that's wrong with the book except for a whiff of general wear.

Call it a F, with O'street price of $12

Five bucks takes it. SOLD!

everythingsarch.jpg

Jughead Annual 5

Solid G, suffers from 1" split along FC lower spine, 1" split along BC upper spine, lotsa general wear.

O'Street G is $29, grab this one for $15 SOLD!

jugheadann5.jpg

Katy Keene 20

Paper dolls intact! Lt water stain upper RH corner, pulled staple lower cover, general wear, small split upper spine. Some sort of glossy light stain lower LH BC, not quite sure, but it's on top of the surface of the paper. Weird...

O'street G is $30, take it for $15 SOLD!

katykeene20.jpg

Walt Disney's Story of Pluto the Pup

Early Disney hardcover (1938), BLB style with one page text, alternating with one page illustrated, but larger overall, 5-1/2 inches wide, 4-3/4 inches tall. Interior is black and white. Pretty copy, with general wear, tight binding, minimal soiling on interior.

I'm shooting in the dark here on price, how about $20? Same year as Action Comics 1, lol LOL

SOLD!

plutofc.jpg

plutobc.jpg