• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Shannon has been cast as General Zod

38 posts in this topic

I don't know who this actor is,I just hope he's not miscast as Zod :wishluck:

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Michael Shannon, who received an Oscar nomination for his supporting role as a mentally troubled man in "Revolutionary Road" two years ago, has been cast as the villain in the upcoming Superman film.

He will play General Zod opposite Henry Cavill's Superman in "Superman: Man of Steel." Zod, like Superman, is from Krypton, where he commanded its armed forces. The character appeared in both 1978's Superman and its 1980 sequel Superman II, where he was played by Terence Stamp.

"Zod is not only one of Superman's most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don't," said Zach Snyder, the director of the new film. "Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role."

Shannon, seen more recently as a stern federal agent in HBO's "Boardwalk Empire," joins a lineup that also includes Amy Adams as Lois Lane, and Diane Lane and Kevin Costner as Martha and Jonathan Kent, the adoptive parents of Superman's alter ego Clark Kent.

I can't believe they can't come up with anything original.

Yeah. Like the House of Idea. hm

or the house of no idea...., or the house of only a couple of old recycled ideas....or the house of movies that suck.

Other than the Superman movie, I can't think of a DC movie that's sucked since the Batman and Robin movie in '97. hm

or the house of no idea...., or the house of only a couple of old recycled ideas....or the house of movies that suck.

Other than the Superman movie, I can't think of a DC movie that's sucked since the Batman and Robin movie in '97. hm

Because they have all been Batman movies.

Unless you take in to account the losers, Watchmen, hex..

But that's if you think they suck.

I thought Watchmen was great. I've not seen Hex, but it does look like it sucks.

I thought Watchmen was great. I've not seen Hex, but it does look like it sucks.

Any movie with Megan Fox is going to suck lol:insane:

Good actor and all but I just don't think he has the look.

bda9c0c6.jpg

That's an odd comment given that he looks just about EXACTLY like the drawn pic of Zod on the right.

Good actor and all but I just don't think he has the look.

bda9c0c6.jpg

That's an odd comment given that he looks just about EXACTLY like the drawn pic of Zod on the right.

I can see him as Zod hm

Maybe these will help....he played a freaky looking dude in "The Runaways"

runaways03.jpg

michael-shannon-signed-the-runaways-8x10-wcoa-proof1_74073635322d66ac2f13e5ae858a7ea1.jpg