• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade My Fantastic Four #7

14 posts in this topic

The biggest flaws with this book would have to be that the spine is detached at the top about 1 1/2 inches, and at the bottom about 3/4 of an inch. That said, please let me know what you think. Thanks!

fan7_1.jpg

fan7_2.jpg

fan7_3.jpg

fan7_4.jpg

fan7_5.jpg

fan7_6.jpg

Is the spine detached or is it just split???? You list that it was detached with measurements, which sounds like it's only split. If it is detached I'd say a 2.0, if it's spine splits I would say a 4.0. I don't have an OGG so I don't know how much of a spine split is allowed in a 4.0, but it's a nice looking copy otherwise. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree with 3.0 ... maybe 3.5 on a good day.

Despite the technical grade, it has good eye appeal. It's a hard book to find without long creases and/or chipping. It took me quite a while to find a nice mid-grade copy that didn't cost a small fortune. shocked.gif

I agree with 3.0 ... maybe 3.5 on a good day.

Despite the technical grade, it has good eye appeal. It's a hard book to find without long creases and/or chipping. It took me quite a while to find a nice mid-grade copy that didn't cost a small fortune. shocked.gif

i went with a 4.0 because in the absence of the spine wear, it's a really nice looking copy. having said that, since i always tend to be a half on the high side, i'd give this a 3.5. (but a really nice one due to the absence of any major cover flaws).

and having said that, does anyone else think it's odd that with the number of spine creases and dings on the top edge, that the right edge (in particular) and bottom edge are way sharp?? and there's also quite an amount of interior pages showing through on those areas. trimmed?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif