• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about selling a lot on ebay

7 posts in this topic

i got a huge run of avengers from 103-224 with about 60 issues in between and several consequtive runs ranging from 5 to 10 issues. how should i sell them. i am wary of listing individuals, or small runs, but i know that those would probably result in a larger ROI. Opinions please?

Sell them as one lot. Specify the issues and give an average grade for the whole run. Put a couple scans of the nicer books and preferably, one scan of the whole lot.

Unless a lot of the books would be CGC NM, I wouldn't break it up just because the later issues aren't worth much (even in NM). Plus, you save on fees and the buyer can save on shipping.

Good luck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sell them as one lot. Specify the issues and give an average grade for the whole run. Put a couple scans of the nicer books and preferably, one scan of the whole lot.

Unless a lot of the books would be CGC NM, I wouldn't break it up just because the later issues aren't worth much (even in NM). Plus, you save on fees and the buyer can save on shipping.

Good luck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I have to say that I have the complete opposite point of view on this. As a part time flipper I take advantage of situations like this. Selling as a large lot is a big mistake unless all the books in the lot are worth a buck or less or just reader copies. Most serious collectors out there are not looking to buy large lots, as they don't need them. Most people just want a couple books here or there. I would perhaps put a bid on a large lot like this, then turn around and sell the better books individually and the rest in small lots of 5-10. That is where you should start right now. Sure, there may be some Avengers collectors that want to start off with a big lot like this, but not as many as people looking for specific issues. It takes more time and effort, but you are certainly more likely to make more money by breaking the lot into 10 or so pieces rather than selling it off as a whole. BUT, if you want to keep it easy and fast and getting top dollar for your books is not important, then go ahead and sell the lot as is.

I see large lots of Spidey, X-Men and others sell for so cheap on a per book basis all the time that as a buyer it is pretty easy to get super deals. As a seller, I would NEVER sell a large lot unless all the books in the lot were practically worthless. Good luck. ------Sid

Avengers 103-224.

How many KEY ISSUES are THERE?

Are these all NM's or mid-grades (that aren't worth 50 cents)?

My assumption (and why I said sell them as a group) was that these books are not NM's, as it would be worth sending some of these into CGC.

Feel free to pay insertion fees, and try to get various sellers to pay $3-4 shipping fees for one $5 book. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif