• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more Paypal personal for me. Big Brother came and took it :(

513 posts in this topic

Just got my email from the the "friendly paypal team" that my ability to accept and send paypal via personal method has been disabled due to all the gazillions of dollars that me and my board friends are ripping them off for.

I know, I know ... its the rules and they got kids that gotta eat too.... just sucks.

I know this has been beat to death... just had to vent.

Rupp, non personal

Just got my email from the the "friendly paypal team" that my ability to accept and send paypal via personal method has been disabled due to all the gazillions of dollars that me and my board friends are ripping them off for.

I know, I know ... its the rules and they got kids that gotta eat too.... just sucks.

I know this has been beat to death... just had to vent.

Rupp, non personal

You were caught because people sending you money were indicating what the money was for in the payments.

:shy:

You got caught because you were stealing.

Be glad you got away with it as long as you did.

That too.

lol

I can't tell you how many boardies I've bought from in the past month or so have told me they can no longer accept Personal payments. It really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things as a year ago, this wasn't even an option. At least you got a LITTLE break from the fees!

Should have just used it for personal payments (shrug) not sales or purchases.

For fear of being called a literalist again, I agree. I happily admit I've succumbed to buyer's wishes via PM to make it a personal payment, but nevermore. It's not legal, and frankly not cool. Either charge 3% more or just eat the fee.

Dan

It has always been an option. It was formerly known as "quasi-cash".

I can't tell you how many boardies I've bought from in the past month or so have told me they can no longer accept Personal payments. It really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things as a year ago, this wasn't even an option. At least you got a LITTLE break from the fees!

Should have just used it for personal payments (shrug) not sales or purchases.

For fear of being called a literalist again, I agree. I happily admit I've succumbed to buyer's wishes via PM to make it a personal payment, but nevermore. It's not legal, and frankly not cool. Either charge 3% more or just eat the fee.

Dan

Blatantly charging more to accept Paypal is against the TOS. That said I agree, just build it in to your pricing. Really simple.

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If they don't want you to use the personal option, why is it there? (shrug)

Because it's not for purchasing merchandise.

I use Paypal personal frequently. I use it for what it's intended for: paying people back, paying friends for signing opportunities (that they aren't making money on, I'm just passing the fees to them), passing money to family members out of state for various and sundry family business.

... kinda like bandwidth :grin:

Not anything like the bandwidth issue, but ok, if it makes you feel better.

I made a thread to understand the issue to AVOID stealing bandwidth.

You made a thread bemoaning the fact that you could no LONGER steal fees from Paypal.

(thumbs u

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If they don't want you to use the personal option, why is it there? (shrug)

I use Paypal personal frequently. I use it for what it's intended for: paying people back, paying friends for signing opportunities (that they aren't making money on, I'm just passing the fees to them), passing money to family members out of state for various and sundry family business.

Heck I'm taking a loss on everything I sell thru the Clooneython threads. Most $2.99 cover books sell at $1 to a $1.50, I'm losing my arse!

Wouldn't that count as helping my buddies out too? :)

You made a thread bemoaning the fact that you could no LONGER steal fees from Paypal.

(thumbs u

bemoaning :cloud9:

Or maybe I just want to keep my prices low so I don't have to pass the cost of doing business with paypal along to my board buddies so they use that extra cash to buy more bandwidth (thumbs u

Heck I'm taking a loss on everything I sell thru the Clooneython threads. Most $2.99 cover books sell at $1 to a $1.50, I'm losing my arse!

Wouldn't that count as helping my buddies out too? :)

Call up Paypal, see what they think. Maybe they'll buy your reasoning and reinstate you. 1-888-221-1161

;)

(thumbs u

bemoaning :cloud9:

Or maybe I just want to keep my prices low so I don't have to pass the cost of doing business with paypal along to my board buddies so they use that extra cash to buy more bandwidth (thumbs u

Come on, buddy, anyone can justify ANYTHING.

Why don't I just walk up to Dale Roberts' booth next convention and steal all his books...that way, I can offer all the boardies KILLER deals on everything, and won't have to pass on the Paypal costs to them.

:idea: