• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more Paypal personal for me. Big Brother came and took it :(

513 posts in this topic

You got caught because you were stealing.

Be glad you got away with it as long as you did.

... kinda like bandwidth :grin:

Not anything like the bandwidth issue, but ok, if it makes you feel better.

I made a thread to understand the issue to AVOID stealing bandwidth.

You made a thread bemoaning the fact that you could no LONGER steal fees from Paypal.

(thumbs u

bemoaning :cloud9:

Or maybe I just want to keep my prices low so I don't have to pass the cost of doing business with paypal along to my board buddies so they use that extra cash to buy more bandwidth (thumbs u

Come on, buddy, anyone can justify ANYTHING.

Why don't I just walk up to Dale Roberts' booth next convention and steal all his books...that way, I can offer all the boardies KILLER deals on everything, and won't have to pass on the Paypal costs to them.

:idea:

Provided Dale isn't golfing, he'd probably smite you with a stick.

:D

Dan

You made a thread bemoaning the fact that you could no LONGER steal fees from Paypal.

(thumbs u

Or maybe I just want to keep my prices low so I don't have to pass the cost of doing business with paypal along to my board buddies so they use that extra cash to buy more bandwidth (thumbs u

Goodness knows, I don't care to agree with RMA (but I like him), but what on earth does this even mean? So you sold low, people bought low and paid personal - and now paypal caught you. What does bandwidth have to do with this???

Dan

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If they don't want you to use the personal option, why is it there? (shrug)

Because it's not for purchasing merchandise.

I use Paypal personal frequently. I use it for what it's intended for: paying people back, paying friends for signing opportunities (that they aren't making money on, I'm just passing the fees to them), passing money to family members out of state for various and sundry family business.

(thumbs u Gotcha. Honestly didn't realize that there was the distiction between personal transactions (us on the boards) and true business payments. Thanks for the clarification. In the past if it was a deal with a collector I would use personal, it it was with a business (say Brent from Quality) I would use the normal fee-based method.

Ok, I'm a bit confused. If they don't want you to use the personal option, why is it there? (shrug)

Because it's not for purchasing merchandise.

I use Paypal personal frequently. I use it for what it's intended for: paying people back, paying friends for signing opportunities (that they aren't making money on, I'm just passing the fees to them), passing money to family members out of state for various and sundry family business.

Heck I'm taking a loss on everything I sell thru the Clooneython threads. Most $2.99 cover books sell at $1 to a $1.50, I'm losing my arse!

Wouldn't that count as helping my buddies out too? :)

Call up Paypal, see what they think. Maybe they'll buy your reasoning and reinstate you. 1-888-221-1161

;)

I would call them but Verizon just shut the phones off since they caught me using my wife's phone and calling her "friends and family".

Cable company just found that wire and paperclips out on the pole, so its now shut off.

Luckily I can still get internet service by hacking into a government satellite. Its all good... and trust me Dale's got paypal figured into his prices.

(thumbs u

Goodness knows, I don't care to agree with RMA (but I like him), but what on earth does this even mean? So you sold low, people bought low and paid personal - and now paypal caught you. What does bandwidth have to do with this???

Dan

Its kind of a joke Dan. From one of RMA's other threads. Of course, he doesn't see it as a joke... which it is.... but oh well.

Don't feel bad, I'm not trying to beat on you...too bad. I'm just trying to get across the idea that using personal payments for merchandise isn't a "disputable matter."

It's not a grey area, and it's not questionable ethically.

They say it's not for merchandise. It's their company. Using it to purchase merchandise, therefore, is stealing from them, even if 10 billion people think otherwise.

I still think you're the blizzomb, though. :cloud9:

Don't feel bad, I'm not trying to beat on you...too bad. I'm just trying to get across the idea that using personal payments for merchandise isn't a "disputable matter."

They say it's not for merchandise. It's their company. Using it to purchase merchandise, therefore, is stealing from them, even if 10 billion people think otherwise.

Your the bomb too buddy! I've read your posts in the past and I know I don't want to frak with the RMA. :grin:

I'm sure that if the vending machine gave you two candy bars instead of one... you'd leave the other there since you didn't pay for it. :/

I'm usually a pretty ethical guy but i have a hard time feeling sorry for a company like paypal when people try to save a few fees here and there. I try to keep my shady personals to an absolute minimum but id be lying if i said there werent times when i tried to get a better price from someone on a book by offering to send it personal :blush:

it is what it is though. The rule is the rule and you got caught. Sucks but nothing much you can do about it.

Does it ever get reinstated eventually or is the personal ban permanent?

Your the bomb too buddy! I've read your posts in the past and I know I don't want to frak with the RMA. :grin:

Believe me, RMA is WAYYYYY overrated. :eyeroll: What a dink.

I'm sure that if the vending machine gave you two candy bars instead of one... you'd leave the other there since you didn't pay for it. :/

There's a difference between an unlooked for boon...and deliberate theft. I KNOW I don't need to explain that to you. ;) Actually, I'd probably put in the money for the other one, and then pick a shelf with nothing on it to balance it out.

But then, I'm silly like that.

I'm usually a pretty ethical guy but i have a hard time feeling sorry for a company like paypal when people try to save a few fees here and there. I try to keep my shady personals to an absolute minimum but id be lying if i said there werent times when i tried to get a better price from someone on a book by offering to send it personal :blush:

it is what it is though. The rule is the rule and you got caught. Sucks but nothing much you can do about it.

If only you were as black and white about personal Paypal as you were about shipping times.

:whistle:

Not sure if it can be or not. I will honestly tell the world right now that if it does get reinstated... I will go right back to using it how I dang well please. :o

Well if I've learned one thing from this thread it's that I am going start asking the seller if they want me to send personal. I didn't realize that the "man" would come down on the sellers. It was there, I used it. (shrug)

Not sure if it can be or not. I will honestly tell the world right now that if it does get reinstated... I will go right back to using it how I dang well please. :o

That's the Clooney coming out in you! :roflmao:

If only you were as black and white about personal Paypal as you were about shipping times.

:whistle:

Hey! Stealing can be overlooked. Taking your sweet time to ship my precious funny books is a heinous offense in my book! lol

Believe me, RMA is WAYYYYY overrated. :eyeroll: What a dink.

There's a difference between an unlooked for boon...and deliberate theft. I KNOW I don't need to explain that to you. ;) Actually, I'd probably put in the money for the other one, and then pick a shelf with nothing on it to balance it out.

But then, I'm silly like that.

No sir... you are a better person than I.

I would eat the out of that free muthr fraker!

Then brag about it cause I got one over on that corporate, high fructose using giant, Frito Lay ! :headbang:

Well if I've learned one thing from this thread it's that I am going start asking the seller if they want me to send personal. I didn't realize that the "man" would come down on the sellers. It was there, I used it. (shrug)

Its a known risk... one that most of us are willing to take.

Would this absolute black and white stance of yours change if sayyyyy, sellers not only didn't ask for personal PP but were not even aware that such would be sent until after the transaction is complete? During my last sales thread I had 6-7 people send me personal PP because they were being nice. It was never even discussed before they sent the funds, let alone asked for by me. I never even mentioned personal as an option. This of course led to my personal option being cut off. I frankly couldn't care less so I barely paid attention to the notice but I think saying that I was "stealing" from PP might be going a touch too far. At the end of the day they have a virtual monopoly and I hope they get smacked down for it as I don't like PPs policies but until that day I guess it is what it is.

I've always been impressed by people who are out and proud about their theft. Like Robojo, or Alleybat.

:cloud9: