• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bradley Cooper to Play The Crow?

12 posts in this topic

Source: Heat Vision April 12, 2011

Heat Vision is reporting that Bradley Cooper (upcoming The Hangover Part II) is in early negotiations to star in Relativity Media's The Crow.

Based on the comic created by James O'Barr, the reboot will focus on the character of Eric Draven (played in the 1994 film by Brandon Lee).

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo will direct from a -script he wrote with Nick Cave. The trade says that Cooper met the director in Spain recently, "where the two hit it off and shared a vision for the character and the film."

Filming is targeted to start later this year.

Cooper can currently be seen in theaters in Relativity's Limitless.

Source: Heat Vision April 12, 2011

Heat Vision is reporting that Bradley Cooper (upcoming The Hangover Part II) is in early negotiations to star in Relativity Media's The Crow.

Based on the comic created by James O'Barr, the reboot will focus on the character of Eric Draven (played in the 1994 film by Brandon Lee).

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo will direct from a -script he wrote with Nick Cave. The trade says that Cooper met the director in Spain recently, "where the two hit it off and shared a vision for the character and the film."

Filming is targeted to start later this year.

Cooper can currently be seen in theaters in Relativity's Limitless.

I think this could be perfect. He's shown the ability to play more than a "face" something with an edge to it. He is a talented actor.

Ummmm.... I was hoping for someone slightly younger myself. A unknown would have been less distracting too, as the property already has a built in audience. A big budget can focus on the "proper" look and tone. But, I really don't know anything about The Crow either. :baiting:

Not so sure the first Crow movie can be done any better

I agree. Let the '94 original rest in peace.

I'm not sure why they are trying to attempt this after 4 failed reboots/sequels with different actors playing The Crow(counting the Eninem/DMX false start). I mean The Crow: Salvation was the only one watchable in a SY-Fy original kind of way, but aftyer Wicked Prayer, you would think filmakers would take a hint this property is as dead as Shelly Webster. :makepoint:

I mean, The Crow's overall design was ahead of it's time. A Rated R comic book movie. Without it we would not got a Blade or Matrix. It opened the doors, to true disturbing villiany and heart-breaking ultra-violence for funny book movies. That kind of gothic funnybook film-making has been swiped heavily from movies like Daredevil now, and would hold little water up against questionable PG-13's such as The Dark Knight. Putting Bradley Cooper or Mark Walberg in it, doesn't smack the indie vibe it claims to be tapping this time around, IMHO.

Looks like this is already running into problems.

No One Saw This Coming? Crow Lawsuit Erupts

Source:Deadline April 20, 2011

The Weinstein Company is filing a lawsuit against Relativity Media over the latter's reboot of The Crow, said to be starring Bradley Cooper.

Bob and Harvey Weinstein claim their company retains the worldwide release rights for any reboot. And why? Well, they released the original film in 1994 and every sequel since then.

Bert Fields, repping The Weinstein Company in this suit, told Deadline, "If anybody tries to buy these distribution rights in The Crow, they are buying nothing but a lawsuit and they will get sued."

Ouch. Relativity, of course, fired back. You can read their response right here.

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is attached to direct the new film which was supposed to begin production this fall.