• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Besides eBay, where have you found your gems?

20 posts in this topic

Metropolis has some really nice books. They aren't what I'd call cheap, but they're reasonably priced and you can't argue with their excellent customer service.

Also, Drummy has some dreamy FFs for sale right now. They are pretty expensive, but hard to find and worth it if you are looking for some super nice FF books.

ComicLink also has some amazing books.....

besides the obvious ebay, where has everyone found success in finding collections, runs, and or gems?

In an elevator on my way to the office, now holding a OS guide under your arm might be like female repellant, HOWEVER. You just never know when someone will strike up a conversation, "Couldnt help noticing that book you have there, do you collect comics?" Why yes I do. Me too, but I havent bought one in years and am getting ready to move to another city, I was thinking of selling them because I dont want to truck them across country. "You dont say, well how many do you have?" About 14 boxes, do you know where I could get some info on selling them? " 893scratchchin-thumb.gif you know what I just might be able to help you out with that."

grin.gif Its actually a true story, edited down a bit for time.

LCS's... in Maine? hmmmm... was just up there... have to keep that in mind.

Anyway, LCS's are where I have put together many nice runs cheaply. Most LCSs price at guide. Which stinks for books below VF, but many times you can get NMs and VF/NMs for guide, and sometimes less. Especially if you become friendly with the owner, so much good stuff will walk through the door, and you can get first dibs on it. I've acquired many 9.4 and occassionally a 9.6 through the LCS route. It's a little less common with people becoming more aware of CGC, but it's still worth digging.

Flea markets, flea markets, flea markets, flea markets, flea markets, flea markets and oh yea did I mention flea markets?!?!

I'd like to know what flea markets you go to! laugh.gif

All I ever find at flea markets, garage sales and antique shops are G/VG copies of X-Force and Archies for $1 each. 893censored-thumb.gifinsane.gif

Flea markets, flea markets, flea markets, flea markets, flea markets, flea markets and oh yea did I mention flea markets?!?!

I'd like to know what flea markets you go to! laugh.gif

All I ever find at flea markets, garage sales and antique shops are G/VG copies of X-Force and Archies for $1 each. 893censored-thumb.gifinsane.gif

If I told you I would have to kill you!! Oh well I already started the wheels in motion, watch your back!