• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Comics Rival

26 posts in this topic

I thought this might be an intresting discussion.

Who is your biggest rival for a certain series of comics?

e.g. hkp (i think it is) has mamanook as his biggest rival for WDC&S.

Danny

I don't have any rivals since I jump from one comic age and title to the next almost daily.......................don't laugh it's part of my master plan to acquire all of the comics on the planet without anyone noticing 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

I would be surprised if everyone's biggest rival isn't another board member!!

Since my collecting (un)focus is broad (gold/silver/bronze), I wouldn't say I have a single rival...

I would be surprised if everyone's biggest rival isn't another board member!!

sumo.gif..Some guy in short-shorts beat me out on an item in the latest Heritage auction... 893frustrated.gif

I don't think I have any rivals at all...I mean nobody else is putting together a full Fantastic Four run or looking for early Silver Age FFs...... right ???makepoint.gif

He's not my rival necessarily because he wants only 9.x's. I, however, will be content with something less (see my want list! smile.gif )

I think for Silver Age Marvel, Captain Tripps is EVERYONE'S rival 893frustrated.gifgossip.gif

Although he's a great guy, Shiverbones has been battling me on a bunch of Bronze horror issues and he has won the majority of them. However, since I am halting my Ebay purchases until after Wondercon, he'll be able to clean up on those issues now. Good luck Shiver!!! -----Sid

On eBay, there are several who compete for multiple cover comic books.

Squeek-2 picks off the lower end double covers while cosmic-spider-man picks off the more expensive ones. Buckwheatisadog snagged some nice ones from my grasp as well (CGC graded Giant Size Iron Man #1 in a triple cover for only $59.99 893frustrated.gif)

Although he's a great guy, Shiverbones has been battling me on a bunch of Bronze horror issues and he has won the majority of them. However, since I am halting my Ebay purchases until after Wondercon, he'll be able to clean up on those issues now. Good luck Shiver!!! -----Sid

Dont be so sure about that devil.gif after a tiresome competition with Bonds, which is sometimes hard to tell because he bids on everything, literally - I think I will be moving into the hallowed horror halls. But then again WonderCon 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Umm, i dont believe i have any rival on these boards that i know of. I mean, who else is going for a low to mid grade run of j.l.a.? Only pathetic little ol me. cool.gif

Ain't that the truth! makepoint.gif

I don't really consider Captain Tripps a rival.....he's going after much higher grade material than I am. Would be like me playing high school ball and feeling my rival was an NBA player. Different leagues!

sckao and I went head to head on a batch of Green Rivers last year before we got to know each other.......but I figure if a similar situation occured we might try to work in tandem.

And as far as my Avengers registry set.......I was happy to step aside and let drice grab a book he wanted.....(remember?), no need to run the price up against each other. thumbsup2.gif

I don't really consider Captain Tripps a rival.....he's going after much higher grade material than I am. Would be like me playing high school ball and feeling my rival was an NBA player. Different leagues!

sckao and I went head to head on a batch of Green Rivers last year before we got to know each other.......but I figure if a similar situation occured we might try to work in tandem.

And as far as my Avengers registry set.......I was happy to step aside and let drice grab a book he wanted.....(remember?), no need to run the price up against each other. thumbsup2.gif

Same here, which is why I haven't bid on that #52 up right now that I saw you bid on thumbsup2.gif