• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pep Comics # 22

10 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Boards! :hi:

If the book has been on eBay for a while then the price is almost certainly "high" as Pep 22 is in demand these days. The problem for an in-demand key or semi-key like Pep 22 is that it could go even higher in the future or it could stay flat for a while (it's unlikely to drop.) Basically, only you can balance waiting to find another copy vs. paying a high price.

I paid more (it was actually trade but the trade value was much more than that seller's asking price) than that for my coverless Pep #22 copy so I don't think that price is out of line. Just a matter of finding the right buyer.

I'm relatively new to Pep #22 ownership but I find with books like that, they are few and far between and every time a new copy comes to market the price goes up.

(thumbs u

The seller is actually a regular poster here.

Basically, only you can balance waiting to find another copy vs. paying a high price.

That's the thing, isn't it?

It's pretty evident that it is the rarest of all the big GA keys.

If the book has been on eBay for a while then the price is almost certainly "high" as Pep 22 is in demand these days.

I think this is correct. Almost by definition, anything that doesn't sell on ebay is overpriced. My guess is the BIN and the slightly brittle page portions are what is keeping it from selling. That said, it's the kind of book that could reach the current asking price in a no reserve auction. If you really want a Pep 22, this copy is pretty much the only game in town at the moment.

I'm relatively new to Pep #22 ownership but I find with books like that, they are few and far between and every time a new copy comes to market the price goes up.

I've noticed over the past few years (specifically after buying my Archie #1) that prices are currently only going up.

If it's a book that you really want, and can afford the book at whatever price, then go for it. In the end it really should be up to you to determine if you over paid or not.

If the book has been on eBay for a while then the price is almost certainly "high" as Pep 22 is in demand these days.

I think this is correct. Almost by definition, anything that doesn't sell on ebay is overpriced. My guess is the BIN and the slightly brittle page portions are what is keeping it from selling. That said, it's the kind of book that could reach the current asking price in a no reserve auction. If you really want a Pep 22, this copy is pretty much the only game in town at the moment.

I agree, especially regarding the paper condition. If the pages were really nice I think someone would probably pull the trigger.

The brittleness is downplayed in the description but I've looked at the scans several times in the last few months it's been listed and I see major chipping.

I don't have a problem owning a coverless major key, but I could understand collectors being reluctant to spend thousands on a book with brittle pages, even one so scarce.

Not always true. I've had items with BIN prices that were never sold. I converted to auction-style and they sold for more than the previous BIN. There is a lot of psychology that goes in to e-Bay bidding. You never really know what's going to happen...but for the most part, your comment is correct.