• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are YOU sacrificing for these CGC boards?

38 posts in this topic

Hi. I have been posting on these boards for a little over three months or so and I have noticed that on average I spend about 2-3 hours a day here reading and posting. Recently, since about the beginning of the year I have been having a little back pain here and there. Nothing serious, but certainly an irritation. I know that sitting is not the best thing for good back care. I think that sitting here spending time on these boards may have contributed to some of this minor back pain and therefore I am going to start limiting myself to thirty minutes a day. Sure, you'll still see me around but I'll be checking in for 5-10 minutes at a time a few times a day rather than spending my 60-90 minute marathons like I used to.

This got me thinking. What have I given up in order to spend time here? What other priorities or activities have gone by the wayside in order to chat about comics? I have even felt guilty a few times after realizing that my beautiful wife was upstairs watching TV by herself while I was discussing if a book was trimmed or not.

So, what have YOU guys sacrificed in order to spend time here? Have you given up time with the family? Not worked as much? Not watched TV or videos as much? Not read as much? Not hung out with your friends? Less time buying or selling on Ebay? Less time sleeping or preparing your dinner? Less time exercising? Anything else? I am guilty of many of these and I am making changes now. Too much of a good thing is too much. -------Sid

I've sacrificed being a top-notch employee at my job, but since management at my job is a JOKE, I don't consider it too much of a sacifice...

ps---

Too much of a good thing is too much. -------Sid

Not if its sex or money....

This got me thinking. What have I given up in order to spend time here? What other priorities or activities have gone by the wayside in order to chat about comics? I have even felt guilty a few times after realizing that my beautiful wife was upstairs watching TV by herself while I was discussing if a book was trimmed or not.

So, what have YOU guys sacrificed in order to spend time here? Have you given up time with the family? Not worked as much? Not watched TV or videos as much? Not read as much? Not hung out with your friends? Less time buying or selling on Ebay? Less time sleeping or preparing your dinner? Less time exercising? Anything else? I am guilty of many of these and I am making changes now. Too much of a good thing is too much. -------Sid

Hmmm... my beautiful wife is often upstairs watching TV while I surf the web. Of course, why would I want to watch American Idol or Average Joe?

I do suffer from lack of reading, lack of writing, lack of sleep, and have been strongly considering not hanging out on this and a few other boards. But - darn it - it is a tough habit to break.

Of course, being a thread-ender here and abroad may yet give me the impetus to take a hiatus.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

So, what have YOU guys sacrificed in order to spend time here?............Not read as much? Not hung out with your friends?

The fine tax payers of NM fund my time here. But seriously, I work on computers all day, fixing them, building them, networking them, etc.....so when I'm doing something in the lab like waiting on a computer to reboot I check the boards. I also check several computer related boards that I'm a regular on. While it may seem like I'm here all day, I'm really here about an hour a day in five minute increments. You'll also notice I almost never post after 5:00PM. Home life has little or no room for CGC boards.

Yes... My fiancee now refers to my computer as my "other girlfriend" frown.gif

I'd sit and watch tv more if she liked to watch stuff I like and vice versa. She basically watches "Charmed" and Animal Planet and damn near nothing else. I like all the Law & Orders', The Practice, Las Vegas, Jag and a few others... she always tells me how much they suck. The only shows that we both like are the CSI's and Tru Calling. As such I tend to watch tv in my office and play on here.

Hmmm... my beautiful wife is often upstairs watching TV while I surf the web. Of course, why would I want to watch American Idol or Average Joe?

I do suffer from lack of reading, lack of writing, lack of sleep, and have been strongly considering not hanging out on this and a few other boards. But - darn it - it is a tough habit to break.

All of you might consider notebooks with wireless network cards. You can watch tv with your wife, etc. while still surfing the boards. grin.gif

I'm adapting one of my exercise bicycles and removing the top part of it (the part that can hold a book or something) so I can mount either a flat panel LCD and a wireless keyboard/trackball, or a notebook.

That way, someone can exercise while watching tv and working/surfing on the net simultaneously.

All of you might consider notebooks with wireless network cards. You can watch tv with your wife, etc. while still surfing the boards. grin.gif

Are you mad!!! That would defeat the whole purpose of trying to get away from the little woman for a few hours....plus youde have to watch all of her [!@#%^&^]. Geeze, think next time wouldya. 893frustrated.gif

My back is sore, and my neck kills me. I don't work out as much, and am in worse shape. I find books I didn't know exist and now spend more than I should. I hate these boards!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

tonofbricks.gif

tongue.gif