• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

YAHHHH just saw on YT really disappointing my mother wants to go home early :/ hehe

anyways may i just ask how much should i pay for

Journey into mystery #85 1st loki! i saw one in Ebay CGC'd 5.5 for $550 shipped :3 the movie hooked me in loki . should i pay that much :3 ? or anyone sells it cheaper here? :/ just new here in boards. and i learn lot of things here :3

That's a bit high.....you should try to get a 6.5 or better anyway, it'll hold it's value better. GOD BLESS...

-jmbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Post a thread in the wanted to buy thread and then look for the flashing envelope to appear at top in the " My Stuff " button.

YAHHHH just saw on YT really disappointing my mother wants to go home early :/ hehe

anyways may i just ask how much should i pay for

Journey into mystery #85 1st loki! i saw one in Ebay CGC'd 5.5 for $550 shipped :3 the movie hooked me in loki . should i pay that much :3 ? or anyone sells it cheaper here? :/ just new here in boards. and i learn lot of things here :3

I agree with Jimbo, $550 is high for a 5.5, $350 is more like it (6 sales in 2010, low of $295 high of $600, $391 average in 2010). When I was looking for a copy of 85, I set my minimum grade as 6.5, as many collectors only collect fine or better.

After you post a WTB thread, you should have a flashing envelope in your "My Stuff" tab from several private messages (PMs). Including from me & the esteemed jimbo, I suspect ;)

Just took a call from a news reporter friend in LA as she is one the way to do a full round of Thor interviews.

She needed 3 questions.

I am in the middle of moving out of my home.

She gave me 3 minutes to call her back.

Here is what I came up with:

Does Thor fly?

Superhero cameos?

Producers consult with comic artists/writers?

:eek:

They did consult with comic writers (they got screenplay credit as well), and Walt Simonson did visit the cast on set and made character sketches, which he gave to some of the actors, including Jaime Alexander. Walt's not listed on imdb, though, which is disappointing. I think he was just on set informally.

I had hoped that he would have been involved to the same degree as Alan Lee was on the Lord of the Rings films, as a conceptual designer with a cameo in the film.

people i see movies with never want to stick around till the end of t he movie I find it very annoying :S Thank gosh for youtube!

you tube spoils things...

CAL who can wait for the real deal...

I can't say anything negative about it.

NUFF SAID.... lol

I hate going into a movie after hearing it's the sheet, but after watching a few previews I saw alot of POTENTIAL plot wise just in the quick image flashes so here's hoping!!!!

Rich

Just saw the film and i must diagree with the initial posters thoughts.

Whilst the film was ok in general, for me it was let down by the lack of characterisation of any of the secondary charachters/Volstag's puny appetite & physique/Odins's lack of presence & simply put, the film boiling done to nothing more complex than sibling rivalry.

On the other hand, Thor although not statuesque enough was adequate in both proportion and performance and the scenes with the Destroyer whilst brief, were entertaining.

It is an OK film, but i doubt anyone will truly rate it on par with Iron Man.

Many fans around the world already compare it to the quality of Iron Man...

It's okay. His location reads "Bizzaro World." So, he really loved it to pieces. (thumbs u

If the film does well at the box office, there could be 2 sequels. I'm big on character development, I could sit for a 3 hour Thor film, myself...

Apparently, for reasons of length several scenes were cut that suggested a closer relationship between Sif & Thor, which would have been in line with the comics...

That said, I could use more Walt Simonson involvement in the production design on the next film and his story ideas for "Thor 2." Bring on Beta Ray Bill & the Surtur's Saga! (Faint hope, but it's there.)

In the meantime, Hulk (manipulated by Loki) to get into it with Thor in the Avengers film would be *most* entertaining!

No, it's not as good as IM.

That's fine, sure, everybody has another taste in movies. But I just wanted to say that there are already many people out there, that do compare it to Iron Man. As there are people that think IM is better. Any I have never said that there won't be people who hate it. That would be impossible. Just my 2c

I didn't like Iron Man. Does that mean I will like Thor even less?