• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

Holy mess! We can see Thor tomorrow in the US!

I hear it won film awards in other countries a few years ago and broke DVD sales records.

I can't wait to see it. meh

lol

(thumbs u

Yeah, going to the theater should add about a *half hour* to the experience, as well as the big screen. I'm really hoping enough people fill the theaters this weekend to make a sequel viable...My quandry is whether to view the film in 2-D or 3-D tomorrow...I prefer 2-D, but the IMAX theater is nearby...Decisions, decisions.

Loki goes from being a good guy to a baddie in a split second.

Loki was never a good guy in the movie, he was bad from the beginning. :gossip:

KoR isn't capable of closely following movie plots; he's too preoccupied with all the 22 year blonds in his life :gossip:

He didn`t come across as all that evil.

He didn`t come across as all that evil.

.....you've been hanging out with too many lawyers :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am off from work tomorrow. Should I go see this and if so is it worth paying for the 3D or just watch the normal film. I haven't seen anything in 3D and I have dry eyes from Lasik so I am not sure if that would effect it.

I have dry eyes from lasik surgery too. I watched Avatar in the theater with no trouble. The 3-D In Thor was added post-production, and would likely make the Jotunheim scenes a bit too dark, so I'm leaning towards 2-D for tomorrow...

Watched it in xD 3D last night as well. Not on par with Iron Man 1 or the first 2 Spider-Man movies. It isn't the worst super-hero adaptation to film, but it isn't the best either. Somewhere in the middle of the pack imho.

Watched it in xD 3D last night as well. Not on par with Iron Man 1 or the first 2 Spider-Man movies. It isn't the worst super-hero adaptation to film, but it isn't the best either. Somewhere in the middle of the pack imho.

Wow you might be only person who said the movie was just so so. hm

Everything I am hearing is it just as good as those movies.

Wow you might be only person who said the movie was just so so. hm

Everything I am hearing is it just as good as those movies.

It is still a solid movie. Just don't think it rises to the level of Spider-Man 1, Dark Knight or Iron Man 1. I thought maybe it was because they made some changes I didn't like, but my wife watched it with me and she didn't think it was spectacular either. Wife never read a Thor comic.

Man some of you guys are too critical. Of course they can't stick to EVERY Single issue of Thor into an 1hour-54min movie. Things have to be beefed up for Hollywood. Look at Iron Man, X-Men, hell even Spider-Man made changes (Organic Web Anyone?)

And you can't compair Thor to Dark Knight! It was a sequel that had twice the budget of the first one.

I'm taking my Factory X Thor hammer to the viewing tonight.

:headbang:

Promise to throw on a red cape, some underwear outside of your jeans, and a winged helmet? Make sure if anyone asks, tell them you're a comic dealer, and "I'm kind of a big deal." :P