• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

anyone have thors hammer prop they want to sell me ? pm if so

The Hero prop from the film itself? Best of luck!

If you mean the cardboard lobby prop, I'd like to have that too. There are replicas starting around $60, a limited to 1000 edition version for $350:

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/001621.php

But that doesn't hold a candle to the Factory X Hammer, which is pretty easy to find on eBay right now (limited to 1500), ranging from $500 to $1500. Here's one for $599 + $39.57 s/h:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thor-Hammer-Mjorlnir-Factory-X-/320693650569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aaad4c489#ht_500wt_908

I imagine it's a heavy beast! Too pricey for me, but it's the one to get.

Once you have this, your comic room would rock...As would your Halloween costume...

The factory X hammer is just awesome. I've had mine for a few years now (along with the Cap shield and Iron Man helmet) and it's the life of the party every time it comes out.

Women always ask if they can touch my hammer.

:blush:

http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/001621.php

This is the one I want I have stormbreaker version

stormbreaker.jpg

Honestly I was hoping someone would put out another version of the hammer with the movie coming out but no such luck... damn it... I was hoping for painted & unpainted version of caps shield as well but no hammer I doubt we will get the shield either :(

Also... What ironman helmet ?.. Or is that a joke :S

Also... What ironman helmet ?.. Or is that a joke :S

Factory X put out an Iron Man helmet (the traditional 1970's/1980's Iron Man) as well as a Cap shield and I bought all 3 a few years ago.

I believe Diamond has since then come out with the hammer again.

Saw the movie last night and thought it was one of the best Marvel movies ever produced. Probably not as good as Iron Man and Spiderman 2, but it was well made. The only thing I wish they did with Thor is to have his helmet on everytime he wore his costume. To me, it would be cooler to see him battle the Frost Giants and Loki with his headpiece. Hopefully if Thor 2 gets produced, he would wear it more often.

only $66M in the opening weekend, it's a disappointment, couldn't even beat last weeks winner 'fast five'. :tonofbricks:
I blame Dre for seeing Fast Five than Thor (tsk)

:jokealert:lol:foryou:

only $66M in the opening weekend, it's a disappointment, couldn't even beat last weeks winner 'fast five'. :tonofbricks:

Maybe they should have released it here the same time they released it to the rest of the world. I believe that had a lot to do with it.

Nothing to be ashamed of as Fast Five was an awesome movie as well. Thor was really good and I can almost bet there will be a Thor sequel. :wishluck:

I was just thinking about this and I rather see another Thor movie than another Hulk,X-men,Wolverine or Iron Man movie. Why? because Thor and his supporting characters were much more likeable. (thumbs u

Eh...I liked the first IRON MAN much better.

THOR's plot was nonsensical and Natilee Portman was just going thru the motions -- I cant imagine why she did this stinker...I dont believe she needs the $..

I think this just illustrates that the number of doosh-bag car mod/drifting fans in the U.S. far outweighs that of fanboys....just sayin... (shrug)

I saw it late on Friday night and it exceeded my expectations. I actually thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the first Iron Man or Dark Knight recently. If I were giving it a grade, I'd say B+. I found it better than Iron Man 2 by a little bit.

The way they did Asgard worked for me and I liked the Rainbow Bridge effects. Loki was played differently than I expected and that's a good thing. I was expecting "over-the-top" evil but he played it subtle. As for Natalie Portman, I'm not sure a female lead in most superhero movies are fleshed out very well. Some of the superheros don't even have one and the movies force feed them to you like the Batman movies. Is "Jane" even part of current Thor stories? She reminded me of the common plot element for all old comics.

I doubt I'll see it again on the big screen as there is way too many movies this summer but I'll defintely get it on DVD.

I am not sure how I feel about Loki actually being a Frost Giant

Actually, in Norse mythology, Loki IS a Frost Giant.

Ah... Did not know that.

I think loki came across as sympathetic to so many people was because the actor had such a baby face.

I think Loki was sympathetic because he wasn`t your normal "bwa-ha-ha out to do evil and rule the world" villain, but had more complicated motives that people could actually sympathize with.

His initial actions to allow the Frost Giants in was simply a desire to upstage favored brother Thor, as opposed to actually allowing the Frost Giants to recover the cube thingie. Similarly, he saved Odin and his actions to let the Frost Giant king in was again just a ruse to make himself out to be a hero (although this time it was with a clear motive to become the king).

Loki's storyline for the movie really struck me as he wasn't "over-the-top". I'm intrigued in what he'll be in next. I'm guessing it will be "Avengers" with him influencing the Hulk to get the Cosmic Cube. I wonder if the Red Skull will play into that for the Avengers movie?

Kind of comparing apples and oranges here. The "Fast" franchise has been developed across 10 years. Fast Five has dropped 62% in one week. This storyline also has some crossover appeal for fans of the Rock.

Thor is a new character for many and may require word of mouth. Looking forward, next weekends numbers may tell a better story. If it shows some "legs" and pulls 35-40mil Marvel will be estatic. They initially projected 62mil for the US opening so I would imagine they are happy anyway.

I saw the movie Friday night in 3D and enjoyed it immensely. I thought the casting was excellent and the story good and actually, could have been a little longer to flesh things out better. While exiting the theater and taking in the conversations around me, Hemsworth was extremely popular with the ladies so this Marvel movie may see more than the usual female attendees.

In the growing list of Marvel movies I place it second behind Spider-Man 2 and just ahead of Iron Man and look forward to owning it on Bluray.

In my opinion the list goes like this

Wolverine 2 I mean X-Men 2

Thor

Spiderman 2

Ironman

All good strong movies....

I just can't get over Nightcrawler at the White House scene and the Magneto escaping from Prison (They blew my mind away)

Thor had some pretty cool things going for it..but the "bad" guy was top notch...I was actually rooting for him, like I did for Magneto!

The most amazing thing tonight that I appreciated was how many awesome fantasy movies are coming out and how well made they are.

There was a full length trailer to the new Cap movie (which was awesome) but there were also several other trailers that were very impressive in the same veins as the comic book movies.

Immortals was one of them (produced by the same people as 300...I called it as the trailer was rolling).

I took my hammer to the theater and got a round of applause from the audience. One guy asked me to bring the lightning which was hilarious.

I've been waiting more than 3 decades for this moment to arrive.

Really, just an awesome time to be a comic book fanboy.

:headbang:

That is my exact sentiment! I trot that out when folks nitpick a superhero movie. Even a mediocre SH movie is better than no SH movie.

Thor was fantastic! I'm going again next Friday to see it in 2D

RIGHT ON (thumbs u

My sentiments exactly.

In my opinion the list goes like this

Wolverine 2 I mean X-Men 2

Thor

Spiderman 2

Ironman

All good strong movies....

I just can't get over Nightcrawler at the White House scene and the Magneto escaping from Prison (They blew my mind away)

Thor had some pretty cool things going for it..but the "bad" guy was top notch...I was actually rooting for him, like I did for Magneto!

I agree with everything here. The movie was solid plotwise. The acting was good, I even liked the cgi for the most part which traditionally has been a most hated feature of movies for myself.

I love how subtle they were with characterization, without saying Heimdall can see and hear everything explicitly they showed it and it was easy to believe. Bravo! Loki too was superb, never obviously twisting things in his favor but rather sliding into the drivers seat almost unopposed.

Just got back. I thought about making my own thread, but figured I'd post it here.

The good: Everything

The bad: Nothing

The ugly: Guy next to me had a cell phone call during the movie. He didn't take it, but we were serenaded by a second vulgar rap song when the caller left him a voice mail. At that point he decided to turn it off.

During the entire production of this movie, I was skeptical that they could pull it off. I was wrong.

While I rank it behind Iron Man and Spider-Man 2, it's close. Damn close.

I think it meshes well with the other Marvel movies and can't wait for Cap to hit the screen.

Good job, Marvel. ^^

And I'll add that I was wondering why they were making me like Loki and was puzzled as to why I couldn't hate him.

...then they got me. Mission accomplished. Loki made the entire movie, and I went in thinking he would be the downfall of it.

Bravo on Loki!

Yeah, Heimdall's abilities weren't explicit, (like a benevolent Asgardian Eye of Sauron :lol:) and Loki was more nuanced than expected.

I'm really glad that Branagh worked with Hiddleston before in Wallander. If anything, Hiddleston's performance is a star-making turn. I appreciate that he went back to the comics for source material, too.

I'm glad that the movie is getting such positive reviews. I was afraid that it would tank, as I did not think the movie was anything special. Just an average movie in my opinion.

I hope that it makes enough for there to be a sequel, that I will hopefully like more.