• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor Movie as good as Iron Man

602 posts in this topic

But how do you compare it to Citizen Kane? hm

I liked the part in "Thor" where he's on his deathbed and he mutters "Mjǫlnir..." before dropping the little Asgard-globe.

lol

Saw Thor at the Drive-In this weekend. I liked it as much as Iron Man. The wife liked Iron Man, but thought Thor was pretty hokey.

I try to see all Super-Hero movies at the Drive-In, heck I thought the first Hulk one was okay there. It's just something about being at the Drive-In that makes the experience better.

. It's just something about being at the Drive-In that makes the experience better.

I agree, but at that time it had little to do with movies. (thumbs u

DR.X

I think what I liked most about Loki was this...

In most movies that have a villain that is going to betray someone, it is almost mockingly hinted at to the point that the audience is thinking "how can they not see it coming?"

Even though you knew it was coming, Loki totally sold it. You knew what was going to happen and you reached the point of sympathy with Loki, then technically he betrays the hero as well as you.

Like most good movies, it was only as good as the villain, and Loki was perfect. :cloud9:

Yeah Loki was great in the film. There were alot of times you kind of felt for Loki. He often seemed more tormented that evil through most of the film. He generally avoided being a mustache twirling-type villain, which can be hard to do in super hero movies.

Marvel has a nice formula down for these movies that keeps true to the comic but delivers a movie that works as a movie. I'm excited for Captain America.

. It's just something about being at the Drive-In that makes the experience better.

I agree, but at that time it had little to do with movies. (thumbs u

DR.X

??? ........................ :gossip:............................ :o ............................. (thumbs u

Watched it for the second time yesterday. Even better the second time around.

I realize what I like about this movie now...pretty much non stop action from start to finish. I agree, not as well written as Iron Man or DKR but lots of action.

I also paid particular attention to Thor's conversion...I was convinced that he converted and was worthy of the Hammer.

(thumbs u

I realize what I like about this movie now...pretty much non stop action from start to finish. I agree, not as well written as Iron Man or DKR but lots of action.

I also paid particular attention to Thor's conversion...I was convinced that he converted and was worthy of the Hammer.

(thumbs u

Saw it Saturday - thought it was boring. The non-stop action must not have been in the version I saw.

(thumbs u

Saw it Saturday - thought it was boring. The non-stop action must not have been in the version I saw.

Huh.

(thumbs u

The non-stop action is what bored me.

I kept wondering whether the film was really directed by Michael Bay, and Kenneth Brannagh just licensed his name to the movie so that people wouldn`t think it was a Michael Bay film.

(thumbs u

I kept wondering whether the film was really directed by Michael Bay, and Kenneth Brannagh just licensed his name to the movie so that people wouldn`t think it was a Michael Bay film.

I have not seen the film yet, although if it is indeed "non-stop action", that would bore me too.

I find it odd that the phrase be coupled to a hero like Thor.

I always found the Thor comics quite tedious to read. The best thing about them was the JK art in the early days.

(thumbs u

I have not seen the film yet, although if it is indeed "non-stop action", that would bore me too.

I find it odd that the phrase be coupled to a hero like Thor.

I always found the Thor comics quite tedious to read. The best thing about them was the JK art in the early days.

What I like about the Thor movie was that you cared about the characters and you wanted to learn more about them. This had more of a Lord of the Rings feel to it. The best parts were the non-Earth parts. Next time more Asgard and less Earth stuff,as the same thing happened with Transformers films. I wanted more robots and less LaBeouf and his parents.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

I loved it. Shows how different everyone can be.

(thumbs u

:applause:

(thumbs u

I though it was great, too......still nowhere near as good as the first Hulk movie. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I saw the movie for the first time today. I saw a bootleg version previously.

In watching the bootleg version, I thought that the movie was average. Watching it in theaters, I would upgrade it to "above average". I was not blown away by the film, but did enjoy watching it. Of the Marvel movies, I'd put four movies ahead of this one (Iron Man 1 & 2, X2 and Spider-Man).