• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benefit thread for Nik (Nikelspot) and Little Baby Pierce. Recap pg. 39

425 posts in this topic

Thanks for the assist Sharon. I do not know a better place to put this information as my PMs are a jumble right now, but here goes.

Tuscaloosa (my home town) was absolutely devastated by a tornado last night. Thankfully, my wife and I are okay...as is our home. Unfortunately, a number of our friends were not so fortunate and the husband of one of my students remains missing. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

I think it would be best to close the thread for the time being (only several hours early) as internet, phones, and communication are spotty at best right now.

I have already been in touch with folks that bought my donations, and they understood that things would be a little slow in being shipped as I spent a large balance of time wrapping things up here in thread. This remains the case, just a bit slower still. All items are intact, and will ship...but not until next week :foryou: If this is a problem for anyone, I will cover your donation and retain the books. Just let me know via PM.

Sorry, but figured a mass update was the easiest way to go about this. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming :sumo: Let's all keep Nik and his family in our thoughts as Little Man Pierce is scheduled for surgery today!

Heath

Saw that devastation on the news last night, and I was thinking, sure hope Heath is not in Tuscaloosa, but alas, you are. Glad you're all right, the situation looked pretty bad. And I'm surprised you were able to post, because the news said most of your communication there is down.

Good luck! And once again, huge kudos on this thread. A smashing success! :D

Keep up the good work everyone...now it's back to dodging tornados for me :eek:

This morning when I saw the news I remembered someone on the boards from Alabama said this, then when saw it was you. :eek:

You sure called it right. Glad to hear you were spared from the worst of it, well somewhat anyway.

Yes, thankfully we got lots of warning and knew it was coming,...just did not know it would be that bad. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes everyone (thumbs u

On the good news front...all my friends and family down here are alive and relatively well (no more than minor injuries). My student found her husband :applause: . A good number are homeless right now, and we are doing what we can (I was required at the hospital today, but my wife went out to pass out water and food to the responders and people at the scene).

Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts. Also appreciation for thinking about Little Man Pierce who made it through his surgery today :whee:

I will get out final confirmations of payments (for those of you waiting on them tommorrow I hope...it is a few days worth and for that I apologize. Looks like I got about a half dozen of them waiting on my attention.

Thanks for all the donations to the thread, and gratitude to the buyers (worship)

You guys are the boom-biggity :headbang: (that's right I said it, and it's true!!!)

Heath

Yes, thankfully we got lots of warning and knew it was coming,...just did not know it would be that bad. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes everyone (thumbs u

On the good news front...all my friends and family down here are alive and relatively well (no more than minor injuries). My student found her husband :applause: . A good number are homeless right now, and we are doing what we can (I was required at the hospital today, but my wife went out to pass out water and food to the responders and people at the scene).

Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts. Also appreciation for thinking about Little Man Pierce who made it through his surgery today :whee:

I will get out final confirmations of payments (for those of you waiting on them tommorrow I hope...it is a few days worth and for that I apologize. Looks like I got about a half dozen of them waiting on my attention.

Thanks for all the donations to the thread, and gratitude to the buyers (worship)

You guys are the boom-biggity :headbang: (that's right I said it, and it's true!!!)

Heath

Glad everyone is ok Snake Eyes :applause:

Heath

Good news about you AND Baby Pierce! :applause:

Yes, thankfully we got lots of warning and knew it was coming,...just did not know it would be that bad. Anyway, thanks for the well wishes everyone

On the good news front...all my friends and family down here are alive and relatively well (no more than minor injuries). My student found her husband . A good number are homeless right now, and we are doing what we can (I was required at the hospital today, but my wife went out to pass out water and food to the responders and people at the scene).

Thanks again for keeping us in your thoughts. Also appreciation for thinking about Little Man Pierce who made it through his surgery today. :whee:

Great news all around! (thumbs u

:hi:

Finally caught up on putting this thread on ice :)

All confirmations of payment have been noted by me through PM (purchases only). If your payment has not been confirmed or you have not sent of some funds yet and need an address, send me a PM (thumbs u

Looks like the only thing left on my end is to pack and ship some of the books I have donated. Thanks to everyone for all the advice, donations, purchases, and good times...everything went really well :whee:

Best to all,

Heath

I just hope that our little donations will help your family out in any way.

Thanks to Heath for getting this going,there's a special place in Heaven for people like you.Please keep us updated on Baby Pierce's condition,surely he will overcome this bump in his road to life. :)

:banana: NYC to Germany in 4 days :banana:

crisisfc.jpg

crisisbc.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures...

Book looks great, doesn't seem to have sustained any damage (maybe a tiny spine tick, but that may have been there before).

So next time you're spending your last $$$ on that Action #1 and can't afford the postage, make 'em crack it out and ship it in the inner well. It's only $3.91 internationally (thumbs u

Andy, how did yours turn out???