• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never write ''FRAGILE'' on packages.

41 posts in this topic

I swear that's like a bulls eye for those Postal Chimps Workers.

I just got a package from Topnotch and there is a freaking gaping hole in the corner of my package.

And this isn't the first time.

Almost every thing I've received in the mail that has the word fragile anywhere on it is usually beat to hell, but it's the exact opposite with those that don't have fragile written on it.

doh!

+1

I just got a priority box yesterday from a boardie and i swear to god it looks like they intentionally stomped right on where "FRAGILE" was written.

I'll get pictures of mine on here later today.

It's ridiculous. :pullhair:

+1

I just got a priority box yesterday from a boardie and i swear to god it looks like they intentionally stomped right on where "FRAGILE" was written.

Sorry to hear about your mail guys; I'd be raising hell with the postmaster general if I received my mail damaged...just my 2c...

+1

Sorry to hear about your mail guys; I'd be raising hell with the postmaster general if I received my mail damaged...just my 2c...

Thankfully the contents are safe, but DAYUUM They really did a number on it. doh!

They did a news report on the local news one day about how packages are treated and did this with different companies. In the video at the different companies you can see them sliding and throwing packages to each other in which in one part of the clip the guy drops it.

I work at UPS and i can agree, i see workers all day throwing packages around. I try to treat all the packages as i would want my packages treated. Fragile sticker = damaged

With that first $100 dollars the UPS offers free for insurance, is that they will guarantee it will get there or guarantee it will not be damaged?

hm

When sending a book worth over $5000 priority or express usps, I would suggest that you tell them the value is $4700 or $4800. Since they will only insure upto $5000, and by stating the value is that amount may lead one to believe that the box contains possibly a more expensive item inside. $5000 is the tip off to a dishonest mailperson, if there is such a person.

I work at UPS and i can agree, i see workers all day throwing packages around. I try to treat all the packages as i would want my packages treated. Fragile sticker = damaged

With that first $100 dollars the UPS offers free for insurance, is that they will guarantee it will get there or guarantee it will not be damaged?

hm

That it will get there hehe, if you call and complain most of the time they will refund you one shipping.

I can see why they might be going broke if that's the way they run their business. I always thought it was a good idea to write fragile etc, but now I don't think I will.

I have heard that they are careful about ones with insurance, cause they end up having to pay when they break those. That was told to me by a boardie that used to work at the post office. Sad to have to pay an extra $2 bucks so they won't play kickball with your package if it's marked fragile.

I've gotten a few priority boxes where the corner is crunched in 6 inches. So far only had 1 book damaged though.

When sending a book worth over $5000 priority or express usps, I would suggest that you tell them the value is $4700 or $4800. Since they will only insure upto $5000, and by stating the value is that amount may lead one to believe that the box contains possibly a more expensive item inside. $5000 is the tip off to a dishonest mailperson, if there is such a person.

If you're sending a book worth more than $5,000, send it registered mail - which allows up to $25,000 worth of insurance.

Also ... the insurance costs drop dramatically when it's going registered, so even a lesser value item could benefit from this service - for instance, $2,000 worth of insurance on a regular USPS priority mail package would run you an extra $22.60 on top of the priority mail cost.

Sending the same priority package as registered mail with $2,000 worth of insurance would only cost you an extra $16.05, however.

I doubt writing fragile matters at all one way or the other.

It seems to be please buyers (shrug) . I get specific requests for "fragile" to be written on packages all the time. I agree that it probably doesn't make a difference to the postal service either way. Why take a chance with a disgruntled or immature worker.