• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze covers that never were

42 posts in this topic

There's an alt WWBN 32 cover out there too that blows away the final product. I've got a pic of it in a mag somewhere, but no idea where to even start looking.

Blows the published cover away? I think the one they used is kick *spoon* as is. I'd like to see this alternate! :baiting:

2hh0rux.jpg

How did that HOS117 get to CGC? It is a beast of a cool cover.

via photoshop. :grin:

Every now and then I put something like that together to see what could have been.

Artwork was Jack Sparling, one of my favorites for those painted covers.

2hh0rux.jpg

Every now and then I put something like that together to see what could have been.

Sparling's Jack the Ripper cover is one of the best of the genre. I have no idea what series it was from (House of Secrets, I think) but it is otherwise burned into my memory by its greatness.

There's an alt WWBN 32 cover out there too that blows away the final product. I've got a pic of it in a mag somewhere, but no idea where to even start looking.

Blows the published cover away? I think the one they used is kick *spoon* as is. I'd like to see this alternate! :baiting:

It doesn't have Moon Knight on it, but he's battling a bunch of zombies. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

It doesn't have Moon Knight on it, but he's battling a bunch of zombies. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

k144mu.png

This one? If so, not even close to wwbn 32, IMO.

*from 1976 Seuling Con souvenir book

Now this on the other hand.... :cloud9:

2dkemip.png

2rgev49.png

20rqpu8.png

15y6e4p.png

j9mqf6.png

... none of these were even drawn at the time, nor do any surpass the original, IMO.

All of the other covers I posted were actually considered at one time as alternates.

I kind of like the 1st one the most from the ones posted. To me at least that one comes closematching the 32. Actually its a tough call but you might be right that the one they kept was the best.

2hh0rux.jpg

You got me!!!! I started looking everywhere for that book! haha