• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Locke & Key #1 Club

25 posts in this topic

Awesome double signature book. I remember thinking we were gonna get loads of them after SDCC 2008, not realizing how hard the scheduling of Chilean Gabriel Rodriguez and New England novelist Joe Hill would be down the road to go to conventions. Add on the fact, that Joe doesn't like to see books graded. Wish I kept mine now.

spot on hold

I have two raw & one cgc on the way in the mail ....

here is a filler pic though

LockeKeySpecEdVar1F.jpg

I'm jealous, I admit it. I have 3 raw copies. I'm thinking I should pre screen for 9.8, and throw any others back into the market.

Meanwhile, those Subterranean Press hardcovers are fantastic, highly recommended.

I give you 5 bucks to put a tiny dent in each one so they won't make 9.8 :P

Still a rare book with one of the best covers. If the Locke & Key TV series develops 1/1,000,000 of Harry Potter's young audience of dark magic thrill-seekers, there isn't gonna be enough to go around anyway. My 2c

2 of them should make 9.8, I'm planning on having the other copy pressed. That's just crazy, pressing a modern comic book...

Once they're slabbed, I can rest easy, keep the best copy and place the others back on the market within a year or so, after the TV series raises public awareness.

I really wish I hadn't missed the boat on this one. Had I been aware of how good Locke & Key was when it started, I'd have the full run slabbed already. I'm jealous.

On another note, do any of you remember "The Lost Room" miniseries? That was great. Had an Anywhere Key, too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room

2 of them should make 9.8, I'm planning on having the other copy pressed. That's just crazy, pressing a modern comic book...
Don't worry, I've thought about pressing an IDW book, the Signed Edition in 2008, when I kept buying raw 'winners".

Once they're slabbed, I can rest easy, keep the best copy and place the others back on the market within a year or so, after the TV series raises public awareness.

I really wish I hadn't missed the boat on this one. Had I been aware of how good Locke & Key was when it started, I'd have the full run slabbed already. I'm jealous.

Don't be. I sacrificed alot of worthy titles, Cursed Pirate Girl, Mouse Guard & Stuff of Legend keeping my focus on a tight CGC budget(my other BIG hobby hits me hard in the wallet). I wanted to collect a Modern run after seeing EvilAsh/Pitboss's graded Walking Dead sets and fell in love with Joe's writing after reading #1-2 in a sitting knowing this was the book I was gonna collect. I had no idea, what my collection was gonna be like now back in April 2008. I used to flip every book I owned, graded or raw on eBay. lol

On another note, do any of you remember "The Lost Room" miniseries? That was great. Had an Anywhere Key, too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room

I will definitely check it out. (thumbs u

Before the FOX TV show comes out this Fall potentially driving the prices up...

If you have a L&K #1, let's see it. :popcorn:

DSC037801Large.jpg

Raws, Signed Editions, 2nd prints, DF variants, reprints and $1 books welcome. :)

DSC031731Large.jpg

DSC037891Large.jpg

Nothing like having the #1 Number One. :golfclap:

Awesome double signature book. I remember thinking we were gonna get loads of them after SDCC 2008, not realizing how hard the scheduling of Chilean Gabriel Rodriguez and New England novelist Joe Hill would be down the road to go to conventions. Add on the fact, that Joe doesn't like to see books graded. Wish I kept mine now.

:whistle:

LK199.jpg

:cool: