• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IDW's Archie history book by Craig Yoe

35 posts in this topic

I'm only a casual Archie fan I must admit, but I'm extremely impressed by this book. I read a lot of comics history books and this is a cut above most.

Plus, I think it's going to have a lot of MLJ collectors scrambling for this mildly risqué 1941 magazine published out of the MLJ offices which contains a several page photo comic style feature set in the MLJ offices with a humorous look at how comics are made -- featuring pretty models posing for the artists, etc.

closeup1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

Anyway, it's called Archie: A Celebration of America's Favorite Teenagers. Well worth a look.

Thanks for the tip. I've read other work by Craig Yoe and it's all been quite well done.

thanks guys! i'm quite proud of this one. i like what mark said, cause i think that even if you don't see yourself as a big archie fan you're gonna love this book just if you're into old comics. and the folks on this great list forum, which i lurk on all the time, def, like me, love the old comic books! hi dale and others here who have supplied me with great comics. but i especially want to thank super archie fan steve that i met on this forum. without steve's help, dedication, generosity, ideas, and many, many scans this book would not have been possible! steve, you're the very best and i hope you're proud of the book, too, it's yours also!!!

Just got my copy from IDW. It looks great.

I'd like to thank Craig for making it happen as well as boardies kakapo, lotemo and BaltimoreLauren for providing scans of stuff I didn't have or was too much of a weenie to scan (Archie story in Pep 22--thanks Andy (worship) ).

:whee:

thanks guys! i'm quite proud of this one. i like what mark said, cause i think that even if you don't see yourself as a big archie fan you're gonna love this book just if you're into old comics. and the folks on this great list forum, which i lurk on all the time, def, like me, love the old comic books! hi dale and others here who have supplied me with great comics. but i especially want to thank super archie fan steve that i met on this forum. without steve's help, dedication, generosity, ideas, and many, many scans this book would not have been possible! steve, you're the very best and i hope you're proud of the book, too, it's yours also!!!

Steve is the man, no doubt, when it comes to Archie. He's also a hell of a nice guy!

You're doing great work, Craig. It's good to see people out there keeping the history alive.

Ordered through Amazon. Can't wait to get my copy!

Pre-ordered my copy in July of last year and have been looking forward to it ever since. Sadly, Amazon is showing expected delivery in July. I am tempted to cancel the order and get it faster another way.

Just got my copy from IDW. It looks great.

I'd like to thank Craig for making it happen as well as boardies kakapo, lotemo and BaltimoreLauren for providing scans of stuff I didn't have or was too much of a weenie to scan (Archie story in Pep 22--thanks Andy (worship) ).

:whee:

When I saw my name in the 'Thank You' section I got all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :cloud9: