• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd CGC Submissions New to CGC posted by bigcoolredhead

3 posts in this topic

Got grades released from my 2nd round of submissions to CGC.

WOW, OH WOW was I surprised when I got back home today from work. It has been over 25 business days since I submitted my 2nd round of CGC books. Since I submitted my 2nd round of submissions under the modern tier I was expecting to get the grades a bit quicker than the 3 free issues I submitted at the same time. But, after I received the grades I got today it was worth waiting for!

The books I submitted were as follows:

Batman and Robin #1 (Sketch variant)

Amazing Spider-man #289

Secret Wars #8

Sandman #1

Wolverine #1

Daredevil #181

I thought the issues would have received the following grades,

Batman and Robin #1 (sketch variant)----9.6

Amazing Spider-man #289----9.6

Secret Wars #8----9.6

Sandman #1----9.4-9.6

Wolverine #1----9.4-9.6

Daredevil #181----9.2-9.4

But, today when I got home I couldn't believe how many 9.8's I received. These are the CGC grades on the comic books I submitted.

Batman and Robin #1 (sketch variant)----CGC graded 9.8

Amazing Spiderman #289----CGC graded 9.6

Secret Wars #8(1st black costume)----CGC graded 9.8

Sandman #1(1989)----CGC graded 9.8

Wolverine #1(1988)----CGC graded 9.8

Daredevil #181(Death of Electra)----CGC graded 9.6

This being my second submissions, I have had pretty good turn outs, but always go over my comics with a fine-tooth-comb. I always say look over your comics very finally before submitting, so you won't be to disappointed at the grades, but really couldn't believe I would ever have gotten this many 9.8's in one set of submissions! Thanks for reading.

See more journals by bigcoolredhead

Also here is the funny story to add to the above recent grades. I picked up the Secret Wars #8 at a show a week before I turned it in. The comic book was picked out of a bargain bin of comics for $5. Guess it goes to show that you can still find decent books out there.

Also here is the funny story to add to the above recent grades. I picked up the Secret Wars #8 at a show a week before I turned it in. The comic book was picked out of a bargain bin of comics for $5. Guess it goes to show that you can still find decent books out there.

Awesome! I picked one out of a bargain bin for $6, its a 9.2 ish.