• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers of the April ComicLink auction.

137 posts in this topic

Got this tonight - finally after several years of searching for a higher grade copy. :banana:

X-Men4CGC92.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Is that notation on the slab old, new or just completely random though?

I have a TON of books with date stamps old and new label and not one of them says "date stamp on cover" (shrug)

You must admit is isn't easy to acknowledge from the scan that it is a date stamp, perhaps CGC thought best to add to the label.

Personally I like the Legion of SH stories much more than I ever liked the X-Men stuff. Great stuff by Claremont and Shooter, great art by Cockrum, Starlin, Grell, and more. One of my very favorite runs.

This run of LoSH was my first love of comics. I used to sit and wait at the drug store for the comic distributor to show up with my monthly issue of crack.

I never missed a single issue. :luhv:

It's always good to hear from other people who loved this series!

I always thought it was highly under rated.

Here is my other score from this run last night.. 1st appearance of Wildfire and a new Legion story.

RAD1C98D2011314_171814.jpg

You can count me among the Legion lovers. The Legion, JLA, X-Men and Avengers were my favorites growing up. I enjoyed them a lot more than the solo books for whatever reason. I really, really wish that 195 had a Legion cover. :(

Got this tonight - finally after several years of searching for a higher grade copy. :banana:

X-Men4CGC92.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Is that notation on the slab old, new or just completely random though?

I have a TON of books with date stamps old and new label and not one of them says "date stamp on cover" (shrug)

You must admit is isn't easy to acknowledge from the scan that it is a date stamp, perhaps CGC thought best to add to the label.

It's an old label that was reholdered. When a book is reholdered all label notes are carried over from the old label on to the new one. If the book was regraded those notes would no longer be on the label.

Personally I like the Legion of SH stories much more than I ever liked the X-Men stuff. Great stuff by Claremont and Shooter, great art by Cockrum, Starlin, Grell, and more. One of my very favorite runs.

This run of LoSH was my first love of comics. I used to sit and wait at the drug store for the comic distributor to show up with my monthly issue of crack.

Here is my other score from this run last night.. 1st appearance of Wildfire and a new Legion story.

You can count me among the Legion lovers. The Legion, JLA, X-Men and Avengers were my favorites growing up. I enjoyed them a lot more than the solo books for whatever reason. I really, really wish that 195 had a Legion cover. :(

Yep. It's a great story.

Wildfire was my favorite. :luhv:

Only won a couple of books, nothing too special. Wasn't bidding all that aggressively, especially considering we're in the middle of the house hunt. This was the best of the group:

RADA4BF42011329_121338.jpg

I'm of the belief that SA Superhero Marvels from 1963 in 9.2 and with White pages are a bargain at under $300. :banana:

Snagged a couple of interesting pieces of art at bargain prices. This one is probably my favorite; a recreation of the 1940 cover "Death's Deputy" from Unknown vol 2 # 6 (an L. Ron Hubbard tale, I believe).

RAD434C1201146_9103.jpg

unknown%2012917.jpg

A 16" X 20" oil on canvas piece for $55? Really? Thanks C-link!

well I paid for my 7 books 5 minutes after the auction ended and got the email that they are shipping the next day.

The march auction had 600 individual winners they had to ship to, so I think paying very early = get your books soon; paying in a reasonable time frame = could be a bit of a wait.

111819.jpg.247b0676f9032ed2cfab87a6cbc54fd1.jpg

111820.jpg.76cf25627cf6f7761315958bc727aea0.jpg

111821.jpg.6e0671ca786542a7d241dde66fe5dad8.jpg

I suspect I got a good deal on my books, as only one of my winnings is currently showing as "sold" on Comiclink's page.

Given that almost every book I bid on but _did not_ win is shown, I suspect they feel my winnings were such bargains they didn't want to broadcast them to potential consigners.

+1

I must put together a set of these myself.

The first ERG-1 / Wildfire stories are great. My other favourite from the run is the Fatal Five story - Cockrum's versions of Tharok, Mano and Validus seemed quite dark and unsettling to me as an eight-year-old.