• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers of the April ComicLink auction.

137 posts in this topic

Magnus Rules, got a little bit outbid on the issue 1

I agree Magnus rules. See my icon.

I did not bid on any of the Magnus as I bought a set of 1 -46 on the boards a few months ago that I am going to get bound into 2 books. Glad I saved my time as I would not have won the number one or likely any of the other ones.

I thought the JIM went for decent prices, especially the 83 in cgc 8.0. So much so it inspired me to put a 8.0 copy up on the board's For Sale section.

not nice copies I hope (tsk)

That is not too cool. You pay via CC? and soon after auction(s) end?

I would call up Tracy at C-Link and see what is going on. Maybe it is not them but the actual sellers?

No, i paid with check right after both auctions. I only won 4 books in February so i asked them to hold them until the March auction. My March check somehow ended up at the wrong place and it took extra long to get to them. I talked to Tracy 3 weeks ago and she said they had just gotten the check but somehow it only cleared on the 25th (shrug)

I talked to them yesterday and they said "anyday" they will ship but i still havent gotten the email. I'm not exactly pissed yet but im NOT paying for April until i have the other books thats for sure (thumbs u

All I know is I pay with CC everytime right when the auction ends and I receive my books pretty fast. Only a couple times I had to call and that was pertaining to books off tge exchange and they were waiting for the seller to ship the books to them.

It seems checks can sometimes lead to a lot of waiting.

They'll wait up to two weeks before shipping if you pay with a check, especially if it is a big check.

Yeah, check definitely delays it but it seems like there was some kind of snafu once they got it. It looks like they held onto it for a few weeks before depositing it since it only cleared a few days ago (shrug)

Oh well, Clink has always been pretty good to me and they're definitely my favorite auctions so i'm not exactly stressing over it yet.

that is a long time, but then again I just received my March books 3 days ago, I paid with sellers credit and a check.

calling is good

like the human torch in the sig line (thumbs u

Joe

Magnus Rules, got a little bit outbid on the issue 1

I did not bid on any of the Magnus as I bought a set of 1 -46 on the boards a few months ago that I am going to get bound into 2 books.

not nice copies I hope (tsk)

Nicer than I expected when I got them but as I only paid I think it was $140 for all 46 books you can imagine they are a long way from NM so do not worry I am not destroying great books.

I bought them specifically for the purpose of having them bound together. (I will need to get rid of the 3 Darkhorse hardcover collections of these books I have). I find having bound books can make for easier reading. This will be my first time binding books myself but I have around 25 bound books of Silver Age to Bronze Age Marvels that I picked up for a song in some auctions a couple years back that I have enjoyed slowly reading.

I won 4 more books today, so 7 total. :applause:

As for the big book that I hinted at yesterday that was the main one I was after in this auction... :luhv::sumo:

I won it!! :cloud9: This is the one book I just had to have, so I bid an extra high amount. Um, I may be in trouble with a Chuck and Dale.... :baiting::whistle:

Superboy197.jpg