• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winners and Losers of the April ComicLink auction.

137 posts in this topic

1 for 1 :whee:

I have wanted this book for quite some time!! (I don't want to tell you what I offered a guy three years ago for a 9.4 w. doh! My patience had dwindled since 9.4 #16s weren't popping up every couple weeks like they appear to be as of late. I am so thrilled this book's price has come back to Earth!! )

This completes my first four appearances of Ol Clint in 9.4 with ow/w pages. I am doing the :banana: needless to say!!

RADCBCE02010927_12301.jpg

Really nice book.

Sweet copy! And really cool that he got it for a reasonable price. :applause::golfclap: (thumbs u Sometimes patience pays off!!

George, don't forget that the big Heritage auction ends on May 5-6, only a week and a half away. That Midwestern pedigree (what's it called again? :sumo:) should have plenty of Silver Age buyers on the rampage.

In fact, when are you going to start the requisite Heritage Auction thread about it? :grin:

Dan

You know, I haven't been paying much attention....I thought the Heritage Signature stuff was still weeks away....that might explain why I got a catalogue today, they always arrive with but a few days to spare. :P

Well, it could have been another rabid Moon Knight fan, a Bill Sienkiewicz fan, or a combination of both :) I prefer my signatures on the inside of the book, but that copy was signed well w/silver ink (of course) which doesn't detract, imo.

Better luck on the next SS that comes along. I didn't win anything either :(

I have wanted this book for quite some time!! (I don't want to tell you what I offered a guy three years ago for a 9.4 w. doh! My patience had dwindled since 9.4 #16s weren't popping up every couple weeks like they appear to be as of late. I am so thrilled this book's price has come back to Earth!! )

This completes my first four appearances of Ol Clint in 9.4 with ow/w pages. I am doing the :banana: needless to say!!

Really nice book.

Sweet copy! And really cool that he got it for a reasonable price. :applause::golfclap: (thumbs u Sometimes patience pays off!!

Like I stated to cheetah in the Avengers thread....coming from you two gents, I take this as a huge compliment. Thank-you!!

RADCBCE02010927_12301.jpg

Really nice book.

only $200 more than the 9.2 :applause:

Strong showing on a lot of the Gold Key Magnus issues.

#1 for $3950 was pretty amazing IMO. Easily $1K more than I would have guessed.

I picked up a few of the later issues, but they certainly weren't bargains. Those

sweet painted covers are timeless though -- maybe the number of Magnus fans

is growing.

Who can resist:

Human-like robots are created to sabotage the government of North Am, and

Magnus must battle a steel replica of himself!

Leeja joins Magnus in the search for a mighty undersea Think-Rob which

plots the destruction of mankind.

Magnus battles overwhelming odds to solve the mystery of a weird,

devastating octo-rob.

Yep, was watching those (Magnus) hoping to pick up a couple, but I got shut out.

Prices seemed very strong for the higher grades, especially #1. Congrats

to the new owner. Wonder who has the 9.6 copy of #1?

Won the 3 books below I'm sentimental for. Missed out on Miracleman 15, which I put a bid on, but the price nearly doubled at the end, yeesh. Also, the Red Sonja's went higher than expected, so I didn't bother on those in the end like I'd wanted. The big one for me comes up tomorrow. :sumo: Fingers crossed.

MarvelFanfare1.jpg

MTU117.jpg

FF286.jpg

Agreed, the Magnus 1 went for about $1,000 more than I thought it would.

As a diehard Valiant fan growing up, I was one of those bidding strong on a lot of the Magnus books. I ended up winning half the run, but a) was shut out of the 1-10 completely, and b) didn't win any of the 9.6 or 9.8 copies.

I thought 16 (CGC 9.6) for $187 was esp. insane because a different 9.6 copy ended on eBay three days ago having not reached the minimum bid of $100.

Magnus Rules, got a little bit outbid on the issue 1

I agree Magnus rules. See my icon.

I did not bid on any of the Magnus as I bought a set of 1 -46 on the boards a few months ago that I am going to get bound into 2 books. Glad I saved my time as I would not have won the number one or likely any of the other ones.

I thought the JIM went for decent prices, especially the 83 in cgc 8.0. So much so it inspired me to put a 8.0 copy up on the board's For Sale section.

Magnus Rules, got a little bit outbid on the issue 1

I agree Magnus rules. See my icon.

I did not bid on any of the Magnus as I bought a set of 1 -46 on the boards a few months ago that I am going to get bound into 2 books. Glad I saved my time as I would not have won the number one or likely any of the other ones.

I thought the JIM went for decent prices, especially the 83 in cgc 8.0. So much so it inspired me to put a 8.0 copy up on the board's For Sale section.

The pressers may have seen some potential which can often explain some exciting prices there. Still - go Magnus.

Kind of fun having the 16 and 39; you would have thought by the time the reprints came out the robots would have strengthened that areas above the nuts, and bolts.

111768.jpg.2c65b333c98d78c4711cedf9a1f0ec96.jpg

111769.jpg.a2aaa860db79b393e70b07d95c58a73f.jpg

111770.jpg.40ebc71f40a1bc017681997b159641a4.jpg

111771.jpg.0915ccb8aa860d91a3ff1712ffa2c307.jpg