• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else having flooding?

40 posts in this topic

Right now in my front yard, I have about 40 yards of water all the way across the front (probably 100 yards long or so), and about 8 -9" of water on top of a 30 -35 yard long section of my driveway. Not close to the house yet, but tons of water, and I may be stuck here if the water keeps coming up.

I do have a 4 wheel drive Ford F-150, so as long as it doesn't come up another foot, I should be okay. :wishluck:

Otherwise.....I have a boat :jokealert:

it's only going to get worse for western KY tonight. I'm bracing for some severe weather in central ky. Be safe Dale.

it's only going to get worse for western KY tonight. I'm bracing for some severe weather in central ky. Be safe Dale.

Yeah, think everything will be cool as long as no tornados.....

It is really pretty bad down here though. If this was in NY, they would be having 24 hour coverage on the national news.

I will try to get some pics later...

There is a guy who lives in a subdivision down the way from me going to his house in a boat. Their road sets a little lower than my driveway (fortunately for me).

Lost 2 longboxes of low # Detectives back in '89 during a flood.

I stacked the big tv some place safe, then like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed put the

long boxes on a water bed. The water bed floated, and old funny

books make great rose mulch when it finally dries out..

last friday the lexington weather man was on for 4 hours straight doing road by road Doppler. Was a pain in the butt as I missed smallville.

Got all my books upstairs, no problems there. Water would literally have to rise about 20 feet to get to them. If it does, I have bigger stuff to worry about than comics.

Dale, you got a basement? I hope its not taking on any water.............yet. :wishluck:

DR.X

God must be laughing because Houston is in the middle of the biggest drought in the last 100 years. We're usually the ones flooding.

We will probably set the record for the rainiest month in recorded history here in the Cincinnati area. My gravel driveway now has a 2-foot deep channel cut down its entire length and a dump-truck load of gravel has been washed into the creek.

Most severe storms call for tonight.

Oh, God is laughing at Houston all right. But for so many reasons.
How'd those Cardinals like last night?

Oh, God is laughing at Houston all right. But for so many reasons.
How'd those Cardinals like last night?
Keep it up tall man. How's the view from the cellar?

I always wonder about big collections getting caught in massive floods and tsunamis. How the industry looses inventory and yet nobody knows it. How many books lost in Katrina, how about recently in Japan?

I heard from a good source that someone was storing a very valuable golden age Ped. collection in the WTC when they went down.

Where are you in KY, Dale? I drive through the west side every few weeks.

I was there on Monday morning and there were a few spots where water was over the road and it looked like river rapids.

They closed several roads after I made it through.