• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A special announcement for the few I call friends here. Kinda OT

73 posts in this topic

Best of luck getting into your own home! No better feeling than buying a house and knowing you can stand out back, take a pizz, and howl at the moon. Not, um, not that I do anything like that and, um...

Congratulations on the coming addition to your family :applause:

You are a good man for taking care of your family by willingly giving up your beloved hobby. There are a few nutty collectors who choose comics first. Get in the house, do your thing, and you'll be back into comic no time at all if you wish.

Best of luck to you and your family, Pat :wishluck:

So you pressed one kid into two huh? :baiting:

This hobby is going to hell.

Congrats on the new house and 2nd child. :applause:

Don't worry comics will always be here once you get settled in so I am sure in a couple years I will see you buying TEC's once again.

Glad you will be here on the boards still which means to me your still in the hobby just not buying for a little bit. No big deal.

So you pressed one kid into two huh? :baiting:

This hobby is going to hell.

Congrats on the new house and 2nd child. :applause:

Don't worry comics will always be here once you get settled in so I am sure in a couple years I will see you buying TEC's once again.

Glad you will be here on the boards still which means to me your still in the hobby just not buying for a little bit. No big deal.

Yep I pressed my 9.8 into two 10.0's!! :acclaim:

Congratulations on the second child! I am in the situation you are heading for - two kids, SAHM, own a home. This sounds hokey but when you have two kids and see how they love each other, it's like a new dimension of pride you feel. The second one is definitely easier, too.

You are buying a house at a better time than I did - good luck with the purchase!

Are you in NJ or are you a bit further south?

Buying a home in this neck of the woods, without getting into some absurd 95% mortgage where you don't have a legit down payment, is just a brute. I honestly don't know how young families with "regular" incomes (whatever that is) do it without help from their families. the only reason I can own my current home (that is big enough for a family) in my current location, despite averaging over six figures the last 15 years, is having gotten lucky and bought my first apartment in Manhattan for $113K in 1997 and trading up from there as the market went up. so kudos to you for getting a position to do this. and now is probably a good time to do it, we aren't at 2006/7 prices anymore, although we didn't take that much of a beating in this region.

Hey Pat, we don't know each other as I am pretty new here but wanted to say congrats and very happy for you. Looking forward to maybe buying some of your books, :grin:

Are you in NJ or are you a bit further south?

Buying a home in this neck of the woods, without getting into some absurd 95% mortgage where you don't have a legit down payment, is just a brute. I honestly don't know how young families with "regular" incomes (whatever that is) do it without help from their families. the only reason I can own my current home (that is big enough for a family) in my current location, despite averaging over six figures the last 15 years, is having gotten lucky and bought my first apartment in Manhattan for $113K in 1997 and trading up from there as the market went up. so kudos to you for getting a position to do this. and now is probably a good time to do it, we aren't at 2006/7 prices anymore, although we didn't take that much of a beating in this region.

I am in Ocean County NJ. Close enough to the shore. Homes here are in the 170-300 range, and I am looking somewhere in the 200 or if I can get a good deal on a fixer-upper. I was a contractor for 16 years of my life and am only 32!

Hey Pat, we don't know each other as I am pretty new here but wanted to say congrats and very happy for you. Looking forward to maybe buying some of your books, :grin:
Thanks! I am not going anywhere, just buying alot less for an extended period. I dont see it as stopping collecting, just a postponement!