• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con...Is it worth goin?

26 posts in this topic

I wanted to check with some other board members, but I saw the list of guest attending this show, and it seems pretty fantastic. Im thinking about flying down to this one because there are quite a lot of great artists here. I'm checking to see if other members have gone down to this one and enjoyed themselves there.

Also, does anyone know if its hard or easy to get a sketch from Frank Cho, since I saw he was attending this.

hm

I have never been to Heroes, but it is consistently one of the best shows for SS of the year. I have had dozens of books done at Heroes over the years. I don't think you can go wrong there.

I've had a few people tell me it's a good show. I was hoping to make it, company has a training facility close by. I signed up for the class in the hopes of saving a few bucks on travel, but looks like it will be cancelled :(

Also, does anyone know if its hard or easy to get a sketch from Frank Cho, since I saw he was attending this.

I won't say that he never sketches, but if he does, it's not easy to get a sketch from him.

Ahh gotcha..Well theres plenty of other artists. :)

Heroes is a great show every year. Shelton's done a great job protecting the integrity of comics by focusing on fans, artists, vendors, and writers. ou won't find much in the way of TV and Hollywood advertising.

Heroes in Charlotte is a show for fans of Comic Books, Toys, and Collectables. If you're looking for an incredible.... really FUN show.... deffinately take the time to fly out.

It's worth it.

I would pick getting hit in the head with a shovel over missing heroescon.

Again? How many more shots can you take?

It's worth it. I've been at least 10 years (not consecutively unfortunately). Frank Cho is great for signing and is usually easily accessible but I have only seen him sketch for the art auction they hold every year. So you have a single shot at an original Cho. Of course a few years ago I'm pretty sure the piece he did went for something like $3k or more. I've seen stuff go for $7k. Some deep pockets go to that auction.

It's worth it. I've been at least 10 years (not consecutively unfortunately). Frank Cho is great for signing and is usually easily accessible but I have only seen him sketch for the art auction they hold every year. So you have a single shot at an original Cho. Of course a few years ago I'm pretty sure the piece he did went for something like $3k or more. I've seen stuff go for $7k. Some deep pockets go to that auction.

Ahh gotcha. I know Hughes had something go for 8k last year or year before. Thanks for the heads up

Frank didn't contribute an original piece to the auction last year.

Still, it's the best show going for sheer fun and laughs per minute.

The art auction is great. Between the full liquor bar and the bawdy crowd it gets crazy.

Frank didn't contribute an original piece to the auction last year.

Still, it's the best show going for sheer fun and laughs per minute.

The art auction is great. Between the full liquor bar and the bawdy crowd it gets crazy.

I believe Frank actually does something similar to what Adam Hughes does now, every other year he does a piece for the auction. Should be his year.

Im Sold (thumbs u

So I guess the next question is...you would that top 5 artists to get sketches from here?

Ask me when they release the full schedule. Right now I would say I would love to get sketches from but by no means expect to:

Bernie Wrightson

Nick Cardy

Adam Hughes

Frank Cho

Mark Brooks

In reality I will probably attempt Adam's list and get SS from Wrightson and Cardy and say hi to the other two unless I win the lottery.