• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Eisner Spirit and Self-Portrait Original Art

12 posts in this topic

It's not too often Eisner OA comes up that contains The Spirit, nor do you see too many sketches that the artist does of himself! Yet, that's what I'm putting up for grabs today!

3232622.jpg

This is ballpoint pen sketch of The Spirit holding an image of Eisner, with the Spirit saying “Hmm He looks like Dolan,” on an off-white 5.5 x 8.5 sheet of Will Eisner Studios stationery, signed at the bottom, “Thanks for asking, Best of luck, Cordially, Will Eisner.” In fine condition, with a vertical mailing fold. Accompanied by the original mailing envelope and a certificate of authenticity.

What's particularly nice about this example is it is not personalized to a specific person. I hadn't wanted to sell this, but with my recent acquisition of a Tolkien-signed book, I need to raise some funds.

I'm asking $450 $400 and that includes insured shipping here in the US. Open to offers as well but the :takeit: (via PM or in this thread) trumps. Any questions, feel free to ask!

Forrest,

There are tons of OA collectors that never venture out into the hinterlands of the Comics Forum. You should definitely post a link in the OA Marketplace pointing the way to some Eisner OA. I think it will be worth your while!!

What is the deal with all the cool stuff coming out while I'm broke?!?!?! :cry:

It's a pricier item than most books, so I'd be more than happy to work out a time payment for you (or anyone). Just drop a PM and we can talk it over :foryou: