• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who was your favorite early '90s X-Men artist?

Most uncanny Uncanny artist?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Most uncanny Uncanny artist?

48 posts in this topic

I'm going through a box of comics I bought yesterday and find myself in a dilemma.

I love Jim Lee's art, but I must say that I find myself liking Silvestri's art on X-Men a little more. I might even rank Portacio's short work on the title a bit higher than Lee.

Who was your favorite Uncanny X-Men artist in the early '90s?

I'm going through a box of comics I bought yesterday and find myself in a dilemma.

I love Jim Lee's art, but I must say that I find myself liking Silvestri's art on X-Men a little more. I might even rank Portacio's short work on the title a bit higher than Lee.

Who was your favorite Uncanny X-Men artist in the early '90s?

Jim Lee with Silvestri a close second.

I don't like Silvestri, and don't really know who Whilce Portacio is. Jim Lee's too obvious, so the correct answer must be Liefeld.

You really voted for Liefeld?

Your comic nerd card has officially been revoked. :sumo:

Well, I haven't actually seen any of the art you're talking about (enh, I'm sure I've seen a Jim Lee cover somewhere or other, but you know what I mean).

How does that affect my card status?

and don't really know who Whilce Portacio is.

Here's his bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whilce_Portacio

Not a bad artist, IMO....

Whilce art is great. Just talked to him all weekend long at WW Anaheim, and Rob Liefeld.