• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who was your favorite early '90s X-Men artist?

Most uncanny Uncanny artist?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Most uncanny Uncanny artist?

48 posts in this topic

I like Silvestri as well, but I followed his work on X-Men more in the 80s.

I'm just blown away that Liefeld has more votes than Portacio. :ohnoez:

For good or ill he had more of a fan following and there are a ton of guys my age and younger who were huge fans at the time. Look at how many people still love McFarlane....though it's not as kewl to hate his work.

Rick Leonardi was great, too. A very underrated X-Artist. :cloud9:

+1 on that. Rick Leonardi is definitely underrated.

He did the Cyclops vs. Storm fight (UXM #201) and the Wolverine vs. Sabretooth fight (UXM #212).

He was great on Daredevil too. This comic is one of my favorites in my collection. For nostalgia alone. Daredevil vs. Wolverine. :cloud9:

DD249.jpg

Did Liefeld actually do any issues of Uncanny rather than # 245? I liked that book because the story was fun, but Liefeld's art was much better in say...What If # 7 (one of the first comics I ever bought, because of the cover).

I loved the covers that were inked by Art Thibert, right around the time X-Men 1 was released, from about 281-286. :cloud9: I think 286 was the last issue i bought, because the book had become unreadable to me, with all the new characters and people from the future and whatnot, but it was still pretty to look at.

I loved the covers that were inked by Art Thibert, right around the time X-Men 1 was released, from about 281-286. :cloud9: I think 286 was the last issue i bought, because the book had become unreadable to me, with all the new characters and people from the future and whatnot, but it was still pretty to look at.

I agree. The stories were horrible, but the art was excellent. (thumbs u

I guess I'm not the only one who can't stand Bishop...or X-Man. What a load of mess.