• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your favorite tattered but beloved book

39 posts in this topic

Some of my favorite books have seen better days, but I like it that way!

I enjoy thinking about a kid reading the book over and over until it disintegrated in his hands. Then it got taped back together and read some more.

Let's see some of your favorites that really prove the old cliche true that, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Here is my entry:

scan0102.jpg

I can barely handle this bad boy. But for almost 30 years, it was the oldest book I owned. I treasured this one when I was a kid. I thought all books from this period were supposed to look like this. :makepoint:

002.jpg

I can barely handle this bad boy. But for almost 30 years, it was the oldest book I owned. I treasured this one when I was a kid. I thought all books from this period were supposed to look like this. :makepoint:

002.jpg

I just read this one today. Total cheese fest but I loved it!

sd145obama.jpg

:whee:

:makepoint: Manufactured defects....how low can Image stoop?

Why is manufactured defects "stooping low"? (You realize they're not really on the book, right?) Bongo did some great ones, like Radioactive Man # 100.

Just kidding. :foryou: