• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

That is a gorgeous copy. If the back cover is clean, I think you are at a minimum of 9.2. Love the wrap on it, too.

It could have a shot at it based on some of the other 9.2s I saw online this summer, but with CGC tightening things up right now who knows. As long as it is a 9.0 it will be fine. (thumbs u

Still a hot book, and supply has become fairly tight recently, especially for higher grade raw copies. I have noticed the same thing for some of the other Adams DCs as well. We could be poised for another bump up again in prices next year. hm

"Low distribution"? I really hate it when a seller tries to oversell an item like that. Still, a very good price and although the wrap is not perfect, its very even. I don't see this one lasting very long.

I'm surprised to see this book listed for just $250 in 9.2 with the new overstreet, even for raw.

"Low distribution"? I really hate it when a seller tries to oversell an item like that. Still, a very good price and although the wrap is not perfect, its very even. I don't see this one lasting very long.

I'm surprised to see this book listed for just $250 in 9.2 with the new overstreet, even for raw.

Bang-on. It's gone at $390.

Just got in this relatively pretty copy. Anyone for Skittlepool?

lol! I remember seeing those Don Adams commercials when I was a kid. Even at that age, I thought the game looked kind of stupid.

Nice copy BTW.

Awesome... great raw ya got there! I dont know how important my post is to this thread, but I am just soooo proud of my new 227 next to its super rare mexican variant cousin! I gotta share.....

batman227_mexican.jpg

Edited by Define999

Awesome... great raw ya got there! I dont know how important my post is to this thread, but I am just soooo proud of my new 227 next to its super rare mexican variant cousin! I gotta share.....

batman227_mexican.jpg

That's a nice pair. :applause:

batman227_mexican.jpg

Wow. Never even knew there was a Mexican variant of that book. Thanks for sharing. And yes, your post does add value to this thread, which started out as a simple newbie question, but has somehow evolved into a Bats 227 club.

Edited by Brian48