• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

It is coming back as a 9.2 W. It was a pleasant surprise just to the upside, but I figured it had a shot even though CGC has tightened things up properly over the past couple of months (:applause: for CGC).

Wow, I actually guessed it right!!!! Since I guessed 9.2 if you ever decide to sell it..... :wishluck:

congrats! :applause:

re: oakman's grading. :facepalm:

Thanks. It will go nicely with the 7.0 I just got back from CGC and the newest one, a former 8.0 that was deslabbed.

WRT oakman, scans can be deceiving. I would be happy with that type of grading buying from anyone though. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik

a former 8.0 that was deslabbed.

Which neck of the woods did that come from? hm

My newest acquisition, the former 8.0 that was deslabbed, came from a great seller located overseas.....It is on the way to CGC now. Should be interesting to see what the grade is this go round. It has one of those small annoying handling creases in the middle of the right side of the front cover, but I have seen slabbed 8.5s floating around with those. On the other hand, with the more accurate grading now, it could end up as a 7.5 instead. lol

The 9.2 came from a boardie a while back but I did not slab it until now.

Edited by kimik

Here was the other nicer Adams book I sent in with the Bats #227 courtesy of an auction lot win last year. The seller had it as a VF-, but it looked great to me when I received it:

cgcBatman232.jpg

Edited by kimik

Thanks. The spine dings are starting to bug me, but since it is a well centered copy it is a keeper.
If it bothers you that much I can help out :devil:

I am sure I will part with it some day, but right now I am trying to compile a bit of an Adams hoard again. Sure costs a lot more now than the first one did between 1999 - 2002 or so. lol

Thanks. The spine dings are starting to bug me, but since it is a well centered copy it is a keeper.

I am sure I will part with it some day, but right now I am trying to compile a bit of an Adams hoard again. Sure costs a lot more now than the first one did between 1999 - 2002 or so. lol

:cry:

Good job Ryan! You sure have a knack for unearthing raw Adams gems. That's the only way these days to amass a graded Adams hoard without completely breaking the bank. :cloud9: