• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Adams Bats are going crazy right now! Did you see Niks bats 222 cgc 8.0!

WOW

Bats 222

Wow, whats the cgc 9.0 gonna go for ?

I'm glad I got my 9.2 when I did :)

That is a very nice book you have.

I'd love to get a nice copy, but I just can't drive myself to really pursue this book for some reason. Prices are really high compared to other key Adams books. I guess it's because 1) I don't think the cover is all that special, 2) I'm really not a Beatles fan at all, and 3) I've read the book and it's got to be one of the most silly stories ever penned, even compared to other tales from the era.

just a warning that if anyone here win that book, make sure you asked for double box shipment from that seller and insurance. Last year, I won a slab and it was shipped not double boxed and not insured. The box arrived with a cracked slab and I contacted him right away and complained about the not so great packing job. I got a reply that was basically "mess happens and here is $11 for your trouble". Was that sufficient? If it was me, I would have refunded shipping cost as well because my slab ain't walking to CGC by itself.

I could have make a bigger stink about it but I moved on and kept a mental note of the incident. I debated about leaving a neutral feedback but in the end, not leaving any feedbacks was my decision.

...You my friend are a liar,..this why I don't come on these boards anymore cause of spoons like you,...I save all of my e-mails,...I think I responded rather politely and adequately to your demands,..and you failed to mention that you opened a dispute before you even contacted me,...the book was packed in a USPS 1095 priority box with peanuts and bubble wrap,...if your post office is going to "crush" your packages as you stated, not even triple boxing will prevent damage,...

Dear fwertham,

the postman just delivered the box and it was crushed and the slab is cracked. You need to double box these things or you are likely to have the same problem with damaged slabs again. I can return the damaged slab or you can refund me the cost of having to have it reslab again. Let me know how you want to handle this.

thanks

Nick

Dear ocdcomic,

Sorry to hear that Nic, ...even the best packed boxes can fall victim to the USPS. I will refund you $11.00 to cover the cost of a CGC reholder. Hope you enjoy the book.

Best,

JD

- fwertham

....I gladly gave you a credit instantly after reading your e-mail, even though the book was packaged safely and you didn't purchase insurance,...you my friend, can go pound sand,...keep a mental note of that,...

Best,

JD

Edited by Rocketeer

Wow....you showed proof I contacted you about the cracked case and you refunded $11 as I stated.

Where did I lied?

The only mistake I made was the assumption that you would take into account that the shipping cost would be include in the refund because as I said, the slab isn't getting to cgc for free.

Edited by etanick

WOW

Bats 222

I'm beginning to wish I had kept that now and the other raw copy I sold which was a 9.0. :facepalm:

WOW

Bats 222

That is a very nice book you have.

I'd love to get a nice copy, but I just can't drive myself to really pursue this book for some reason. Prices are really high compared to other key Adams books. I guess it's because 1) I don't think the cover is all that special, 2) I'm really not a Beatles fan at all, and 3) I've read the book and it's got to be one of the most silly stories ever penned, even compared to other tales from the era.

My problem is: a) I'm collecting the Batman title and need it b) I'm a high grade snob!

But checking the numbers there are only 1 9.8, 3 9.6, 11 9.4s. There are more #227s then #222s in high grade.

Wish I had grabbed that 9.4 off eBay last year but I just couldn't justify the price tag associated with it.

Wow....you showed proof I contacted you about the cracked case and you refunded $11 as I stated.

Where did I lied?

The only mistake I made was the assumption that you would take into account that the shipping cost would be include in the refund because as I said, the slab isn't getting to cgc for free.

I'm not sure there's any reason to get angry at anyone here, IMHO the real culprit is the post office handling of our mail. I purchased a copy of Phantom Stranger 26 from Harley Yee a while back and it arrived with mutliple cracks in the case. I was annoyed at the seller at the time and didn't leave any feedback but looking back it wasn't really the seller's fault. I'm glad I stepped back and took a deep breath. I've had cracked stuff come in from Comic Link and Comic Connect before. Actually, I received the exact same response from the guys at Comic Connect when my Suscha News copy of Shadow 5 arrived with multiple fractures. Basically, they said we're not responsible but here's $11.

The only time I've escalated is when I purchased a copy of X-Men 142 from a Gambit1967 on ebay. The guy charged me flat rate box and then sent the slab in an envelope in betwen two flimsy pieces of cardboard. The case was completely shattered in half and the book was bent, IMHO there was no way that book was still 9.6. I contacted the guy a couple of times and then escalated. The guy never responded until I opened a case. When I left feedback he called me a liar and said he packed everything in boxes. He was dickish in the extreme. Ultimately, ebay ruled in my favor, gave me my money back and I sent his slab back, in the same envelope and cardboard backing that he sent to me in the first place....

In the case of Fwertham, he's already provided positive feedback, so unless I get the book mauled due to lazy packaging, I'd say he's on the level and operating in good faith.

Edited by Walls

who is angry?

"just a warning that if anyone here win that book, make sure you asked for double box shipment from that seller and insurance"

did I say, stay away, scammer here? I advised the winner to ASK for double box shipment and insurance. I sold over 700 slabs in the past 2 years and I doubled boxed every slabs, even the $25 one. And Yes, even then, 2 of them got cracked so it is not 100% fool proof. Hell, people in this forum asked me all the time to pack their books/slabs well when they bought from me. I don't take offense to it even when the same buyer has bought a few times before and know how I packed. I shipped every slabs insured and I insured for at least $50 to account for shipping cost as well as the $11. It was my bad to not read the fine print in that auction and not realized that the insurance is not AUTOMATICALLY included in the shipping cost...thus i advised the potential winner to ASK FOR INSURANCE ALSO.

"I could have make a bigger stink about it but I moved on and kept a mental note of the incident. I debated about leaving a neutral feedback but in the end, not leaving any feedbacks was my decision"

YES, like you, I went thru the same thought process so I didn't leave any feedback.

mental note imprinted

Now I know, I won't bother trying to "help" in the future.

thank god, this isn't comic general or I would have woken up to 300 posts.

who is angry?

When I read this post I thought to myself, wow your Avatar is really appropriate!

JUST JOKING. Actually I'm envious, I haven't taken the time to figure out how to throw up an avatar yet.

:)

the hardest part about Avatar is the size as you probably already knewe. There isn't much room to work with.

Actually, his is not Angry...he is envious of the PRECIOUS...I wanted a pic of Gollum holding an action#1 as he screamed "MY PRECIOUS" but I am not clever enough to figure out how to fit all of that in my avatar :tonofbricks:

who is angry?

"just a warning that if anyone here win that book, make sure you asked for double box shipment from that seller and insurance"

did I say, stay away, scammer here? I advised the winner to ASK for double box shipment and insurance. I sold over 700 slabs in the past 2 years and I doubled boxed every slabs, even the $25 one. And Yes, even then, 2 of them got cracked so it is not 100% fool proof. Hell, people in this forum asked me all the time to pack their books/slabs well when they bought from me. I don't take offense to it even when the same buyer has bought a few times before and know how I packed. I shipped every slabs insured and I insured for at least $50 to account for shipping cost as well as the $11. It was my bad to not read the fine print in that auction and not realized that the insurance is not AUTOMATICALLY included in the shipping cost...thus i advised the potential winner to ASK FOR INSURANCE ALSO.

"I could have make a bigger stink about it but I moved on and kept a mental note of the incident. I debated about leaving a neutral feedback but in the end, not leaving any feedbacks was my decision"

YES, like you, I went thru the same thought process so I didn't leave any feedback.

mental note imprinted

Now I know, I won't bother trying to "help" in the future.

thank god, this isn't comic general or I would have woken up to 300 posts.

...But in your words you wanted to give me nuetral feedback cause the post office smashed my well packed box, and I only refunded you the money you requested for to get it re-slabbed,...what was I thinking?...I should have offered you the shipping to CGC as well,....and maybe a per diem charge for the 2 weeks you had to get it re-slabbed to cover the stress you incurred while for it to return,...and lastly the money to cover the psychiatric bills you incurred as a child because your mother didnt love you.

Point is I owed you nothing. Period. The book was packed well. The post office mauled it. You purchased no insurance,....

I went above and beyond to make things right for you and he still have the gall to poop on me and to bad mouth my business,...and yeah thank God this wasn't General Comics cause you would have woken up to 300 posts saying what a sniviling,whining,baby you are.

...Oh and I'm sorry when I told you to go pound sound last night, that was said in the heat of the moment, and I lost my head.

...What I meant to say was go FIST yourself...hope we are clear here sonny boy, cause I'm done discussing this with you ,

the hardest part about Avatar is the size as you probably already knewe. There isn't much room to work with.

Actually, his is not Angry...he is envious of the PRECIOUS...I wanted a pic of Gollum holding an action#1 as he screamed "MY PRECIOUS" but I am not clever enough to figure out how to fit all of that in my avatar :tonofbricks:

Nice, at least you're actually trying to communicate a message/theme. I'd probably just do something stupid like put up a picture of my 3 yr old daughter. :facepalm:

...What I meant to say was go FIST yourself...hope we are clear here sonny boy, cause I'm done discussing this with you ,

:facepalm:

Wow, not even 11AM EST and we're into 2 girls and a cup territory...

...Oh and I'm sorry when I told you to go pound sound last night, that was said in the heat of the moment, and I lost my head.

This is totally inappropriate. For someone that has been on the boards as long as you have, you should know bettter. Etanick just warned others that you single boxed his order and it got cracked. Double boxing does make a difference, believe it or not.

This is totally inappropriate. For someone that has been on the boards as long as you have, you should know bettter. Etanick just warned others that you single boxed his order and it got cracked. Double boxing does make a difference, believe it or not.

i've never doubled boxed before and never had a single cracked slabbed sent to the buyers. (shrug)

and rocketeer, you sure have hella batman adventures #10's. :cloud9: