• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

The original art for Batman 227:

You're the one who won that auction over at HA? If so, congrats. If I recall, the final hammer price was actually less than what a 9.8 copy was selling for around that time. Quite a bargain all things considering.

I wonder where the original artwork for the cover is?

The artwork is up on ebay now. I am not the owner, but they did post the images.

If you like the pics, you should right-click file-save them now. They will be gone once the auction is over.

Yeah that would be cool to see the artwork for the cover too. :-)

Edited by Mr. Indicia

The artwork is up on ebay now. I am not the owner, but they did post the images.

If you like the pics, you should right-click file-save them now. They will be gone once the auction is over.

Thanks for sharing. (thumbs u

Can't find it. Did someone make a "deal" already?

as I posted earlier in this thread, that artwork sold at a Doyle auction in Oct 2011 for 8k (i was only willing to go up to about half of that, the interiors are nice but I didn't think they are $8k nice). Trying to flip for $20k seems a bit aggressive. It's the cover that has the value.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to make any money off of this is to gradually break it up and sell each page individually. A shame to part out the set, but no one is going to foot that much cash for Irv Novick. Especially since the story and interior artwork is relatively insignificant compared to the cover.

Kind of like I can't seeing anyone lusting for Don Heck's interior artwork to Wonder Woman 199 or 200 for example compared to the Jones covers.

Agreed, I like the splash, the rest of the pages in 227 are nice but not stunning.

And the analogies to WW 199 and 200 is right on, simply AMAZING covers... bad interiors by Heck (personally I can't stand his work)

I'd call that more like a 7.0 than an 8.0, wouldn't you guys? Nice book, but a number of color breaks along the spine when you zoom in... and hard to know how much the digital photos are amping the colors up.